Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I chose this site because it boast to be the best. This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, but I do love my Frontier and hope that I can get some great ideas about personalizing it. But first let me get to the point of why I was seeking a forum on Frontiers. Three times my truck has engaged the gas while depressing my break. Twice it happened to me and once to my wife. She drove over a median but missed hitting any cars. Has this happened to anyone else? I practiced stopping in a parking lot and found that I can depress both pedals at the same time if I pivot my foot from the gas pedal to the break, leaving my heal planted. So it may be operator related ... but this is the only vehicle I have had that this has occurred on. I thank you for any comments you may have.

Law (less)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Welcome aboard!

not sure what to make of the situation. what year is the truck? nissan's have been using "smart" brake pedals for a few years as far as i knew, meaning that no matter what the gas is doing, if the brake pedal is engaged, it takes precedence over any other input by the driver.

others will chime in with thoughts, im sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts