Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New guy from PA

513 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forum and to Nissan...

Just traded my old 01' tundra with 180k miles in on a 10' frontier se crew cab 4x4. First Nissan I've had, so I figured I may as well sign up and search for an answer for my rough idle, though I suspect a new belt and tensioner will cure it since it accelerates fine, and isn't throwing any codes.

Thanks,
bobcat2

#4 ·
Welcome!

Rough idle how? Like cab vibrations or near stall like symptoms?

The former is very common and is just how these trucks are. Some have taken the truck to the dealer to have the idle speed increased 50-100rpm to improve it.

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome...

Probably not many mods, here in PA(at least my part) they use brine on the roads in the winter. That gives you about a 10 year window for ownership before your vehicle returns to the earth, lol. It has what I need, weather tech floor mats, hard bed cover, rhino lined, tow package, and bed extender. About the only things I upgrade are the wear parts when I replace them.

In fact, I drove 3 hours to get it so it wasn't already rusted out. I see new vehicles here of all brands rusting bad in 3-4 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.