Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all, joined to vent my frustration on the delay in the upgrade to the Frontier and the fact the 6spd manual is so limited in availability by model. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
6-sp limited to CC right now for '17. There is a 4x2 S, 4x4 SV & 4x4 P4X.

Saw your post about lack of OEM adjustable lumbar support in lower trim levels. I was able to option manual lumbar supports w/ my Wet Okole seat covers. While I'm not going to say they are as good as OEM, they are a decent step in the right direction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6-sp limited to CC right now for '17. There is a 4x2 S, 4x4 SV & 4x4 P4X.

Saw your post about lack of OEM adjustable lumbar support in lower trim levels. I was able to option manual lumbar supports w/ my Wet Okole seat covers. While I'm not going to say they are as good as OEM, they are a decent step in the right direction.
Yeah, but just with the short bed. I need the long bed and can't stand the look of the short bed. Thanks for the info just the same.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums from another '08 Nismo king cab - 6 speed manual transmission. Post a pic of your truck when you get a chance

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi, all, joined to vent my frustration on the delay in the upgrade to the Frontier and the fact the 6spd manual is so limited in availability by model. Ugh.
Not just the 6-spd manual that is hard to find. I have a base KC "S" 4-banger with the 5-spd manual. I all but pulled teeth to get it and it was the only new 2016 5-speed, 4 cylinder in southeast U.S. when I bought it. I would have preferred any color other than white, but my desire for the 5-spd overrode the lack of desire for white. I'm very happy with my little truck though.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Not just the 6-spd manual that is hard to find. I have a base KC "S" 4-banger with the 5-spd manual. I all but pulled teeth to get it and it was the only new 2016 5-speed, 4 cylinder in southeast U.S. when I bought it. I would have preferred any color other than white, but my desire for the 5-spd overrode the lack of desire for white. I'm very happy with my little truck though.
You are on the wrong coast, the 4 cyl 5 speed is a dime a dozen on the west coast.

Though I am still bummed you can get a Pro 4X 6 speed king cab in Canada that is made in the Mississippi plant right beside the ones for us that can't get that trans any more.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
well sorry, welcome either way

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are on the wrong coast, the 4 cyl 5 speed is a dime a dozen on the west coast.

Though I am still bummed you can get a Pro 4X 6 speed king cab in Canada that is made in the Mississippi plant right beside the ones for us that can't get that trans any more.
I love how they do that. Build what you want here, but then don't make it available.

FYI to all, my dad liked my truck so much that he got himself a 2012 6spd SV king cab - got it used at a Toyota dealer! Both of our trucks are silver just from dumb luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should say thank you for the welcomes. I love my Frontier. It is just getting long in tooth and would love a new one, just very frustrated with the model/drivetrain limitations.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who was searching long and hard for this configuration. Just posted my introductory thread re/ the 2013 Pro4x king cab 6spd I picked up. Talk about dumb luck. The 6 spd gives the engine a great exhaust note between shifts when you really lay into it. No need for fake engine noise pumped through the speakers <cough>ford<cough>. Sure, the Frontier is a dying breed but I'm sure none of us care for or need full size trucks. Also, the newer V6's in the "midsize" Tacomas are pretty weak in the low RPM's. As a former Tacoma owner (2011 and 2003), I'll say be careful what you wish for asking for a revamp. Reading the forums before the release, most people were pretty confident that the new V6 would be cranking out 300HP and 300lb-ft. Even more incredible was how they kept the same glacially slow 4 cyl which I was hoping would be improved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts