Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finallyg ot around to doing this, and it works great! A very nice little mod. I used the directions from the kit and from Reverend Bikers site.

this adds an auto dimming rear view with outside temp and a digital compass. Sorry the new RV pic is not so good, it's couldy and rainy out today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Looks great, did you have a prob calibrating the compass, im having trouble. I should ask how did u calibrate it?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gfronty05 said:
Looks great, did you have a prob calibrating the compass, im having trouble. I should ask how did u calibrate it?
really? i set the zone per the directions, then drove around slowly in a circle till the 'CAL' indicator when off

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not at all... just push it up to the edge of the driver side, at which point you can remove panels and all and run it down. Install was about an hour total. Went a lot faster cause Reverendbiker (www.jackphelps.com/frontier/mirror.htm) said what wires to tap and all for HOT and IGNITION ON HOT.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bin,

I'm guessing that there isn't a huge difference in front windshield visibility. True? If there's a variance, how bad is it? Increased blind spots? Just trying to determine is this a job that I really want to tackle for an 'improved' rear view.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
evmac said:
Bin,

I'm guessing that there isn't a huge difference in front windshield visibility. True? If there's a variance, how bad is it? Increased blind spots? Just trying to determine is this a job that I really want to tackle for an 'improved' rear view.
It is slightly larger and sits slightly more outward from the windshield, but it is not in any way a hindrance to windshield visibility.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Whered you buy the mirror and for how much?

Im thinking of putting in the compass/HomeLink version. I dont really want to run another wire through the firewall for the temp sender. Besides it's probably better that I dont know how hot it is outside during the summer in Tucson!!

- Greg -

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
off topic, but do you pull the trailer wth your Frontier? if so, what is the gvw of the trailer and how well does the Fronty do?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you very much, I am very happy with how it's coming along. By June I will have the Street Scenes Grill on and a CAI... I am still deciding between the Volant and the Injen.

In June or July I plan to put on the exhaust, and most likely the new headers from JBA as well.

That should pretty much complete it (mainly becuase I will have run out of things to do).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SD_Frontier said:
off topic, but do you pull the trailer wth your Frontier? if so, what is the gvw of the trailer and how well does the Fronty do?
I pulled my GF's RV once with it... It's GWV is listd at 4800 lbs and it pulled it fine, but then she went and bought an Avalanche and we've used that since.

I am planning to pickup a couple of Jet Ski's this year and will tow those with my Fronty. I foresee no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts