Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock BFG's were pretty much done after hitting 30k miles.........so just had to pick up a new set of wheels and tires.

I didn't want to lift or have to trim, so I stuck with my 4X stock tire diameter(31.7") and wanted something a little more aggressive. Truck only gets used on weekends more for utility than anything else transporting kayaks, mountain/road biking, and a few FSU games each year.

I ran about 35 miles on them so far - just need to give it a good wash this week. I was surprised how the BFG's were much quieter than expected for an LT tire. Also felt much better steering response - presume due to the slightly wider wheel and beefier tires.......a little stiffer over speed bumps.

Overall, pretty pleased with them.

Specs:

Wheels:
Fuel Maverick D538
Matte Black/Machined - 17x8.5(6x4.5)
Tires: BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Size: LT265/70R17
Load Rating: C

Attachments

·
Admin
3,312 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate it!

Took some time getting to this set up. Originally looked at silver wheels, but opted for a little bit of both the black and machined, and of course white letters out on a white truck.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep - hit or miss with the Rugged Trails. Some folks get 20-35k out of them, others get more. They had to be replaced due to poor wet traction here in FL.

I was planning on replacing the wheels this year any ways.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks clean, i wanted those wheels for my Pro4 too but could not find them in size 18's.
Appreciate it!

I had originally wanted 18's too but wish they had more wheel options other than chrome or black wheels in our bolt pattern - I grew up with silver wheels.

I almost pulled the trigger on these which come in 18's and 20's in Chrome, Black, and Black/Milled:

Foose Phase 5 Black/Milled

Not too many pics out there on how they look on a truck. I was able to spot the Fuel Maverick on a white Toyota Hilux, white letters out, which compliment just enough with the milled and black combo (at least to me they do). My tire installers all definitely complimented the combo with the BFG's.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Appreciate it!

I had originally wanted 18's too but wish they had more wheel options other than chrome or black wheels in our bolt pattern - I grew up with silver wheels.

I almost pulled the trigger on these which come in 18's and 20's in Chrome, Black, and Black/Milled:

Foose Phase 5 Black/Milled

Not too many pics out there on how they look on a truck. I was able to spot the Fuel Maverick on a white Toyota Hilux, white letters out, which compliment just enough with the milled and black combo (at least to me they do). My tire installers all definitely complimented the combo with the BFG's.

Good luck in your search!
Thanks, after 6 months of searching and many phone calls to fuel i realised it was not worth all the trouble.

ended up setting for the KMC Heist 18x9 all black with some nittos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, after 6 months of searching and many phone calls to fuel i realised it was not worth all the trouble.

ended up setting for the KMC Heist 18x9 all black with some nittos.
Those look great - black wheels always look good on black trucks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Old thread I know but am curious.

What backspacing and offset did you choose?

I’m majorly leaning towards these in the spring when my tires wear out. Doing same as you. 17” with stock tire height. Fuel has three offsets listed for our bolt pattern, each with different backspacing.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Frontier LE
15 Posts
My stock BFG's were pretty much done after hitting 30k miles.........so just had to pick up a new set of wheels and tires.

I didn't want to lift or have to trim, so I stuck with my 4X stock tire diameter(31.7") and wanted something a little more aggressive. Truck only gets used on weekends more for utility than anything else transporting kayaks, mountain/road biking, and a few FSU games each year.

I ran about 35 miles on them so far - just need to give it a good wash this week. I was surprised how the BFG's were much quieter than expected for an LT tire. Also felt much better steering response - presume due to the slightly wider wheel and beefier tires.......a little stiffer over speed bumps.

Overall, pretty pleased with them.

Specs:

Wheels:
Fuel Maverick D538 Matte Black/Machined - 17x8.5(6x4.5)
Tires: BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Size: LT265/70R17
Load Rating: C
What’s the offset?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts