Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all - just bought a Fronty, so will be looking for everyone's sage advice here:

Truck is a 2012 SV that has all the features that were a "MUST HAVE" for me: V6, 4x4, Extra/King Cab (NOT CREW !!).

Paid $12k for with 98k miles - Truck was checked out by a good mechanic and is in very good condition, so I lucked out a little bit, and feel the price was fair. (any thoughts on that ?)

Car is FULL STOCK - no mods. I bought a mesh grill from GRILLCRAFT just to give it a little touch upfront, but nothing else so far - and the next 2 or 3 things I am looking to pick up are:

1. Good fitted tactical seat covers (A-TACS by CoverKing/SKANDA ?)
  2. Good fitting floor mats (weather tech digital cut mats ?)
  3. Diamondback Tonneau Cover - (anyone know where they can be had for less than $1000 ?)
  4. Bed extender - any ideas ?

I am not planning on lifting the truck as I only hear nightmare stories about how that completely ruins the ride quality. Any opinions on that ?

I find the price of all these things pretty dear - anyone suggest somewhere to shop online for the best deals ? of course eBay - but any other opinions ?

Anyway - just some starting thoughts - the truck will be used mostly for hunting/offroad - any advice will be much appreciated on additional things to consider -

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts, who would care to comment.

Andres Etchenique - AKA "Bullfish"

Attachments

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I am not planning on lifting the truck as I only hear nightmare stories about how that completely ruins the ride quality. Any opinions on that ? I find the price of all these things pretty dear - anyone suggest somewhere to shop online for the best deals ? of course eBay - but any other opinions ? Looking forward to everyone's thoughts said:
As I mentioned before, a lift is a product of a well designed suspension system.
If you just want to lift it to allow for bigger tires then a simple spacer and blocks will work for that purpose. If you actually want a better operating system then this does nothing for you. You want to improve travel and to this is quite a bit more costly.
Even still, you might improve travel but everything must work together, shocks, bumps, springs etc.
A well designed system will work well on the street as well as off-road.
Accomplishing this is easier said than done.
When done it is a pleasure to drive.
Most everything can be purchased online. I would stay away from EBay unless you are looking for used Nissan parts.
I do purchase a lot of stuff from them as far as some things.
There are deals to be had ( I bought a Getstner tool box for for $600, never used. They go close to $1400). Still you are taking a chance although PayPal makes it less of one.
Oh yeah, welcome to CF. Good people here with good advise. Moderators keep everybody civil, not like some sites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts