Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently purchased a new 2009 Frontier SE on August 13th. When I took it for a test drive I noticed a vibration or more of a shake in the seats. It was obvious when looking at the shifter also. My salesman told me that would wear off after 50 to 100 miles. I bought the truck but took it back the next day because I was uncomfortable with that vibration which seemed to be the worst at around 60-65 mph. The service manager told me that Nissan would not do anything to the vehicle until after a 500 mile break-in period. Everyone at the dealership tried to convince me the vibration would wear off and it was just a flat spot in the tires. I decided to take their word again but after putting 200 miles on the truck it still vibrates. Has anyone else had this problem or are they just giving me the runaround at the dealership?

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Sounds like the run a round to me. Call another dealership and ask their opinion. In the end, I would still make them rebalanced your tires as a first try to fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Could be flat spots from sitting on the lot but I doubt it. Check pressures too and follow the inflation psi on the door sticker, mine at first were all in the mid-high 40's (they're only supposed to be about 32-34psi) but I have the LE (18's.) The 60-65mph thing tho makes me think they need to be rebalanced as tires out of balance tend to have "speed spots" where it is more noticeable. My 09 rode a little funky too at first but my tire pressures were all too high and off from one another, after the correction the truck settled down nicely...not so wavy and bouncy at highway speeds. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
If the tires were flat spotted, they would vibrate all the time. I speculate rebalance, since it is speed related.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
This is a tough one to diagnose through the interwebs.
Obviously something isn't right if it's vibrating at any speed.
I'd hold your dealer accountable to the end.
If they won't cooperate then it's time to go to another dealer OR contact Nissan direct about it to report the suspect dealership's lack of concern.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

1st. 12K miles get everything done/re-done! alignments after wheeling too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to CF!
^^^haha, yea the tires might just need to be rebalanced, they do hve the speed spots where vibration becomes worse.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would definitely make them FIX it not ignore the problem, the dealership I bought my truck at was not helpful when I had my check engine light come on. The shop guy was going home and I live about 3 hours away from the dealer, he said come back tomorrow. So I went to a different dealership and they have been more than helpful. Turns out it was the sensor for the fuel cap being tight is bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info.
I put the required 500 miles on & took the truck back.
They tried to balance the tires but it wasn't helping. They ended up doing a road force test & it was unacceptable. So now they are ordering new tires.
Hopefully that will solve the problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
go back, get insistant, dont take no for an answer, if you have to, threaten to call and write nasty letters to nissan about their dealership, they'll get their @$$ in gear. put your foot down!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Well I'm sorry this has happend to you, My vote is stay on top of it don't let to much time go by with out getting this resolved. And I'm glad your hear, just to bad that its for this reason tho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts