Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome!

Very nice truck!

I think you will be happy with it. The truck will be more than capable to do just about anything you want.

As far as the mark ups, I agree a real PITA. With my S model the dealer I made take them off and all was well, then when I signed the paperwork they changed a 6 to a 9 and I did not catch it, so I payed $3K more than what I should have, which was a mistake on my part for not paying attention.

When I brought this up they said I already signed and would not change it. So I started researching the dealership, low and behold there was a current class action lawsuit on these same business practices!

So I filed my case and should be getting that money back. I encourage to do some research to see what you find. You just might be surprised!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Luckily I didn't have any funny business like that when it came to the paper work and out the door price. However, I did have to pay nearly $3,000 extra on a "package" aka just a markup for essentially two free oil changes, nitrogen in the tires, key replacement, tint etc... which was mandatory. All it was is a markup, but you get something out of it. Every other Nissan dealer in the state had much worse markups without anything for your money.. crazy how Nissan is getting away with it. At least when it came to the ZR2 I was able to find two dealers in my state with zero markups on them. Hopefully I made the right choice!
Actually the class action lawsuit here in AZ is for the same exact thing over mark ups on window tint, nitrogen, and all that other stuff. My situation was kind of unique, but the state AG excepted my case.

The dealer tried charging $500 for the Nitrogen. $899 for the window tint that came from the factory, and $595 paint protection.

Here is the link to a class action lawsuit covering the very things you are talking about in AZ.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but class action suits often take years and the money that goes back to the class of victims are usually only a small portion of what they are owed.
I know BIG lesson learned. It is not all bad, they sent me free floor liners, wheel locks, first aid kit for free.

I just hope they don't pull a fast one on others..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts