Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2016 Pro4X named Donk! with luxury pkg. and Forged Copper color. I've had it less than a week and I've put about 50 simi-vertical miles on it so far. (Gotta make sure EVERYTHING works right :)

Just wanted to say howdy to everybody and I'm anxious to learn all about what I can do to my truck to make it a true 4x4 wonder. I've been pretty impressed so far with the stock setup, until today. I've been doing +-45 deg assaults all week on simi-dry dirt and rock but today there was still snow melt happening on the hill I tried to ascend and the stock tires didn't cut the mud (mustard). I tried the locker but I didn't notice any difference. Oh well, these tires aren't designed for mud.

I want to do a 2-3" lift and add some offroad wheels that will give a wider stance. I'm also looking at getting a Bully Dog programmer, flow thru muffler and a cold air intake to help with mileage.

I'm open to suggestions for my upgrades since there are a lot of Frontier veterans on here. I'm happy to be a part of the club.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
wow can't wait to see the pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted a couple pics on the gallery. Other than the background and the fact that this one is mine, it looks like every other Forged Copper Pro4X... for now :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. I am a new member to this forum. Nice to meet you all. I'm a freelance blogger and an enthusiast of cars.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,802 Posts
Hey Copper - there are lots of ideas around here that will lighten your wallet. If you are simply looking at a 2" or 3" lift, then perhaps a spacer lift will suffice. You will need to evaluate how much/ what type of 4x4ing you wish to do as coil overs, though much more costly, may also suit your needs better. There is a suspension sticky in that sub-forum I suggest you have a look at.

Welcome to the Club.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Zedbra,

Quite frankly I'd like a 6" lift and 33" tires BUT... gas mileage is already bad enough :) Plus I just hate messing too much with the design dynamics and ride quality. Speaking of coilovers, I've been looking at King/Fox racing. Very spendy but built for abuse and and ride quality. 2-3" lift should suffice plus, "bolt on!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aawww, you know how to get someone to go to your site hugh? LOL Been there many times already. Great site!
Does anybody make a rear off road bumper for the 2016 frontier???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts