Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2016 Pro4X named Donk! with luxury pkg. and Forged Copper color. I've had it less than a week and I've put about 50 simi-vertical miles on it so far. (Gotta make sure EVERYTHING works right :)

Just wanted to say howdy to everybody and I'm anxious to learn all about what I can do to my truck to make it a true 4x4 wonder. I've been pretty impressed so far with the stock setup, until today. I've been doing +-45 deg assaults all week on simi-dry dirt and rock but today there was still snow melt happening on the hill I tried to ascend and the stock tires didn't cut the mud (mustard). I tried the locker but I didn't notice any difference. Oh well, these tires aren't designed for mud.

I want to do a 2-3" lift and add some offroad wheels that will give a wider stance. I'm also looking at getting a Bully Dog programmer, flow thru muffler and a cold air intake to help with mileage.

I'm open to suggestions for my upgrades since there are a lot of Frontier veterans on here. I'm happy to be a part of the club.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,608 Posts
Hey Copper - there are lots of ideas around here that will lighten your wallet. If you are simply looking at a 2" or 3" lift, then perhaps a spacer lift will suffice. You will need to evaluate how much/ what type of 4x4ing you wish to do as coil overs, though much more costly, may also suit your needs better. There is a suspension sticky in that sub-forum I suggest you have a look at.

Welcome to the Club.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Zedbra,

Quite frankly I'd like a 6" lift and 33" tires BUT... gas mileage is already bad enough :) Plus I just hate messing too much with the design dynamics and ride quality. Speaking of coilovers, I've been looking at King/Fox racing. Very spendy but built for abuse and and ride quality. 2-3" lift should suffice plus, "bolt on!"

·
Vendor
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new truck! Would be great to see it. May it provide unlimited fun and unhampered travel across all terrains for as long as you two are together. Enjoy the time behind its wheel!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.