Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang! I bought a brand new 2019 Pro 4x a week ago and love it! We came close to buying a Canyon after a test drive but I wanted to try out the Frontier so drove the Pro 4x about 30 minutes after the Canyon and I instantly fell in love with it! Its gun metallic and I think its very sharp looking. Its funny how a lot of expert car reviewers put it down for being an old design but for me I think the style rocks along with the 4.0 litre engine and 5 speed tranny. Sure the canyon had all the bells and whistles but honestly driving the Frontier feels like I am the one in control not a bunch of computer chips. I had no idea Nissan updated the engine and tranny on the 2020 model but I am extremely happy with the package I got.
Cheers!

Registered
Hi gang! I bought a brand new 2019 Pro 4x a week ago and love it! We came close to buying a Canyon after a test drive but I wanted to try out the Frontier so drove the Pro 4x about 30 minutes after the Canyon and I instantly fell in love with it! Its gun metallic and I think its very sharp looking. Its funny how a lot of expert car reviewers put it down for being an old design but for me I think the style rocks along with the 4.0 litre engine and 5 speed tranny. Sure the canyon had all the bells and whistles but honestly driving the Frontier feels like I am the one in control not a bunch of computer chips. I had no idea Nissan updated the engine and tranny on the 2020 model but I am extremely happy with the package I got.
Cheers!
Welcome from Halifax, NS.

I've owned three Frontiers. A 2000, 2011, and now a 2016 which is a CC LB. Dealer near me has a 2019 gun metallic pro4x on the lot and I'm considering seeing if it is worth getting into that. I figure with the COVID and the 2019s being older stock, there might be good deals to be had.

Did your dealer offer anything with respect to pricing and incentives?

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Registered
I'm sure not on the welcoming committee but "WELCOME".
I just signed in after an 5 year absence.
Back in 2015 a pal bought a 2008. I never posted a thing nor introduced myself.
We installed new, complete replacement struts as the '08 came with a busted spring. Also we installed a stainless steel bull bar from the far away place nobody wants to buy parts from. Hey, Westin didn't have one for the Frontier at that time. The counterman ordered up the wrong item (for a Pathfinder) and they made up for the wasted time by delivering "a better one". It was made of notably thicker stainless steel.

However, 5 days ago a friend's son bought a 2019 with only 1,600 miles on it.
As Frontier whisperer said, he likes the feeling of control a geared transmission delivers. No more CVT driving for him.

And as DeadlySheds mentioned, the 2019 went for a good price with a trade in.

I'm digging around old posts looking for potential trouble spots. I remember the transmission coolers leaking in the earlier models.....mostly cured in 2008.

But now I hear about "2nd Generation Tail Gate Hinges" and "Vent Control Valves" in more recent years.

And me? I drive a (mumble, mumble ahem) something else.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Halifax, NS.

I've owned three Frontiers. A 2000, 2011, and now a 2016 which is a CC LB. Dealer near me has a 2019 gun metallic pro4x on the lot and I'm considering seeing if it is worth getting into that. I figure with the COVID and the 2019s being older stock, there might be good deals to be had.

Did your dealer offer anything with respect to pricing and incentives?

The added incentive I got was good value for my trade in (compared to what other dealers were offering). This is what she looked like just before driving her home. We are at the lake this weekend so she's a little "dirty" right now...馃槑
20200504_121300.jpg

Registered
The added incentive I got was good value for my trade in (compared to what other dealers were offering). This is what she looked like just before driving her home. We are at the lake this weekend so she's a little "dirty" right now...
View attachment 317359
It's all a numbers game so that's great. When I bought my 2016 I went to three dealers and every one of them had different numbers for a deal which they all did using different ways to "beat" they
other guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts