Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Jon and I live south of Atlanta. I bought my first truck ever and decided to go with the Frontier! This is my '17 Frontier SV😍 I'm SUPER excited and also a little nervous. I've never owned a rear wheel drive (4 wheel) vehicle before. I decided to get a truck so I can haul my motorcycle.
I have questions of coarse but I think I'll wait to play around with the truck a little and poke around the forum before I ask silly questions. I'm not sure if the truck is lifted or even how to pull the spare tire out 🤦🏾‍♂️ I can't even find a video about it online. I'm really interested in getting tools specifically for the Frontier.

1. My current project with this truck is running boards/nerf boards
  2. Audio upgrade while keeping the OEM head unit, I like that I can switch to XM radio and use the steering wheel for volume and changing the song/station. Suggestions, referrals, pictures and step-by-steps are all welcome. I'm used to having 12" subs in a trunk and really shaking the ground.
  3. Also working on the gas mileage, would a CAI help any? Or any proven methods, I do drive light and don't have common road rage so being light on the gas pedal isn't a problem.
I have a nice rear bumper and that's another big reason I chose this truck. I mean... Look at that rear 😂 I feel like I found a diamond in the sand at the beach and I'm really proud of this truck.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the club, lowkey!

The spare tire cranks down from underneath the rear of the truck. The crank should be behind the rear seat with the jack. There should be a hole in the rear bumper to stick the crank thru to get to the spare tire lift.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Welcome to the club.. nice looking truck! Looks like you have at least a level kit on your truck, what size tires are on it? Another thing is.. there’s a lot of nerf bars/steps out there, you can poke around here and look at some pics and get ideas. Our trucks are set up for them with three mounting points up under the body.. you’ll see the bolts sticking out. When and if you order just make sure they say or have have three points to mount to, some only have two and may not be as sturdy.

Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Very cool that the previous owner put the older retro wheels on there!

If you are serious about your tunes, then please consider replacing your head unit...otherwise you'll be starting w/ a compromised signal which will affect your overall fidelity. There are ways to retain your steering wheel controls via using the correct plugs/harnesses all available from Crutchfield or your local audio shop if you're not a DIYer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the club, lowkey!

The spare tire cranks down from underneath the rear of the truck. The crank should be behind the rear seat with the jack. There should be a hole in the rear bumper to stick the crank thru to get to the spare tire lift.
Oh, so I looked there yesterday aaaaaand

Wow 😐

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the club.. nice looking truck! Looks like you have at least a level kit on your truck, what size tires are on it? Another thing is.. there’s a lot of nerf bars/steps out there, you can poke around here and look at some pics and get ideas. Our trucks are set up for them with three mounting points up under the body.. you’ll see the bolts sticking out. When and if you order just make sure they say or have have three points to mount to, some only have two and may not be as sturdy.

Have fun with it!
For the life of me, I cannot tell you the size of these tires, they are 265/75/R16 though if that's the answer you're looking for, I don't know if they are 33" tires or anything like that, but I did manage to pull out my measuring tape!

Again, sorry if I seem silly about these questions or statements or even pictures. I'm just really excited about this truck and I'm trying to unlearn the habit of eating trucklife every time I get in/ head to it 😂 please forgive me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool that the previous owner put the older retro wheels on there!

If you are serious about your tunes, then please consider replacing your head unit...otherwise you'll be starting w/ a compromised signal which will affect your overall fidelity. There are ways to retain your steering wheel controls via using the correct plugs/harnesses all available from Crutchfield or your local audio shop if you're not a DIYer.
Noted ✍🏾️
Maybe I'll do it after the free XM radio trial is over but for now I'm halfway focused on getting a box that will fit the back or check out some underseat systems. Crutchfield, got it! I love DIY projects, held you know your vehicle even more and see where there could be a flaw before it happens. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
For the life of me, I cannot tell you the size of these tires, they are 265/75/R16 though if that's the answer you're looking for, I don't know if they are 33" tires or anything like that, but I did manage to pull out my measuring tape! View attachment 317600
View attachment 317601
Again, sorry if I seem silly about these questions or statements or even pictures. I'm just really excited about this truck and I'm trying to unlearn the habit of eating trucklife every time I get in/ head to it 😂 please forgive me
You are right 265/75/16 is the size.. their actually a 32” the factory size they put on the Pro4X and the same tire I have.

You have a nice looking truck the way it sits, and it looks like with the measurements you have on the tape measure that you may have a 2.5” lift. Shift is right.. it is cool they used the older style wheels which I like a lot! I’d be proud of it too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are right 265/75/16 is the size.. their actually a 32” the factory size they put on the Pro4X and the same tire I have.

You have a nice looking truck the way it sits, and it looks like with the measurements you have on the tape measure that you may have a 2.5” lift. Shift is right.. it is cool they used the older style wheels which I like a lot! I’d be proud of it too!
Thank you! I was ready to take it to a Nissan dealership to learn more about it but I actually pulled out the manual for it and found out the basics. I'm loving the truck and I noticed other Frontier owners with different style wheels on it and they always ask any the tires first then take a picture of mine. I'm really feeling the live with this truck, even full size truck owners ask about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts