Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just purchased a new 2016 Frontier Crew Cab S.

I have looking around these threads and online about possibly lifting my truck, and I am really confused. So much information

I don't do much off-road driving, but want to lift my truck because I like the look.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I should get.

Here is what I am looking to get done:

1. Suspension lift or body lift?

2. Relatively low budget. I have about $2,000 to spend in total. That includes installation cost.

3. I would like at least a 3" lift

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Welcome from North County!

Not sure if you saw this yet but it covers nearly everything you might want to know.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...s-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/

Suspension lift. Big body lifts are tacky and small ones should only be used in conjunction with a SL (in my mind).

With $2000 you have quite a few options. I would consider that a high budget but that is just me.

To get 3" and still have a decent ride, new UCAs will be in order. If you are 2 wheel drive you can the CST 4" lift spindles (and keep stock UCAs) for the front and the ride will be unchanged. For the rear an AAL and longer shocks will be all you'll need.

Also if you are even reasonably mechanically inclined don't bother spending money on installation. Most on the stuff you'll be doing is easier than you'd think and can be done within a weekend in your driveway with basic tools.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks glamisdude and Nissan4Life for the response.

I am not very mechanically inclined so I will need to get it installed.

Can you suggest any kits that are pretty good and won't be too expensive? I would like to save some of my $2,000 budget for bigger tires and rims.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts