Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i'm 18 years old and live in Seminole County in Orlando, FL. I recently purchased a 2001 Nissan Frontier XE Desert Runner (Black) This was my "dream truck" as I was looking for my first vehicle and finally convinced my dad to drive to Jacksonville, FL to purchase it by from a private seller off Craigslist a week ago. It had 101000 miles on it, very clean inside, and great paint condition. $6k. Only thing recommend was shocks and new engine pulley belts.

My buddy got a 2000 SE Desert Runner the week before in trade for his 2000 King Cab 4-cly, after that I was dying to get one. My dad didn't want to buy a Desert Runner but did anyway. This 2nd generation is my favorite small pickup ever. The 01-04 are the best looking body's IMO. I just got done washing and waxing it in the drive way. No mud or sand for my truck. I don't want it to get dirty!

I bought a K&N Air Filter right away and did get better acceleration/breathing. Some thing's I want to add to boost horsepower and fuel efficiency include a Surge Super Chip, K&N Cold Air Intake, and maybe some performance Spark Plugs. Any other simple upgrades that would help?

Believe it or not all I have is this crappy picture I took when I got home. I've been posting on forums for fishing and boating for about 5 years now so I know how to use everything. Hope to learn some good info on here. I'll take more photos today.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
welcome to the club

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Howdy, nice rig you have there.
Do you have any better pictures, we all love the pictures here?

Welcome aboard bro!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah like I said i will photos take some tonight or in then next couple days, keeping the camera in my console. Just washed and waxed and wet-tired it so they'll be better than that cell pic - thanks guys

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nice ride, welcome.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the truck. My first truck was a '97 hardbody back when the '01 desert runner was new. What I really wanted was your truck but I got the hardbody instead. I still have a big soft spot for those rims.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts