Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.. I just purchased a 2015 Nissan Frontier 4 door SV for my son. It's in phenomenal shape and has only 21K miles on it. I had it pre-inspected and the only thing the mechanic found was a very small oil leak in the valve gasket. I purchased it from a dealer but not a Nissan dealership

Should I take this to Nissan immediately and let them know what was found? it's obviously still under factory warranty. Should I expect to have any problems with them?

Other questions:

1. It's crazy but it has fog lights but NO fog light switch. I've looked where it should be... on the turn switch, next to the headlight switch, but nothing. Has 2 rings next to the headlight switch but neither turn or are marked. Am I missing it? Could it be anywhere else? If not, what do you recommend I do.

2. Should I get an extended warranty for the vehicle? I am not familiar with Nissan's as my wife and I own Lexus' (toyota ::smile::) so not sure about the reliability.

TIA
F222

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would bring it to the dealer for the leak. I had an issue with my 2014 that I bought from a chevy dealer. I emailed the local nissan dealer to let them know the issue and that it is still under warranty. They verified it was and I dropped it off. I picked it up later with a new battery and paid $0.

For the turn signal stalk watch the video below:

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info but as I stated, there is no switch next to the one that is pictured. Very strange. The fog lights are not for show, they are real but no switch!. There is a circle there but it dies not turn nor has any writing. It's a fixed switch.. I guess I'll let Nissan look at it. Thx

·
Registered
340 Posts
If yours is not like in the picture than your vehicle did not come with fog lights. Previous owner might have added them but did not install the proper switch.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Front222, it does sound like someone added the fog lights. You might look around and see if another switch was installed. Might just be a rocker switch sitting somewhere. Or perhaps, the previous owner wired them to work with the low beams and there is no switch. Unusual but not impossible. See if they come on with the headlights. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Does your SV have a factory sprayed-in bedliner w/ Utilitrack bed mounting system? If so, these are indications your truck came w/ the VTP (Value Truck Package) which does include foglights/foglight switch. Therefore, perhaps the foglight switch on the run signal stalk was not installed at the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts