Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Two days ago I bought a 2006 Frontier, crew cab, 4x4, with the NISMO package. It's dark gray with an automatic transmission.

I ran across this forum while looking for a tool box for it. (Still looking for a smaller one that won't take up too much of the small bed). Right now I'm in Starkville, MS so if anyone knows of a good place around there for a tool box and other things for a Frontier, that'd be helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've been looking at possibly one of the wheel-well ones, even though they won't have as much storage as say a crossover one, they'd still allow me the use of the entire length of my bed, and that space on either side of the wheelwells doesn't get used much anyway. I haven't really found one that I like yet however, atleast one that's not prohibitively expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Welcome to CF. Go Dawgs! I am using a box I got at Lowes. I mounted it to the utilitrack offset to the drivers side so I can still get longer items in the bed. It is easy to remove should you need the full bed space.

We need to have to have a MS meet and greet! For all 4 or 5 of us!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the club!

You could just get a cross over toolbox and mount it so it is removable if you want to haul bigger loads. Thats what I have done. My plastic box was held down with industrial velcro.( it did not come up with over 2 years of abuse, that stuff is strong) and now my metal one has bolts and wing nuts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the club!

You could just get a cross over toolbox and mount it so it is removable if you want to haul bigger loads. Thats what I have done. My plastic box was held down with industrial velcro.( it did not come up with over 2 years of abuse, that stuff is strong) and now my metal one has bolts and wing nuts.
Yeah, this sounds about like the best option for a toolbox, really. Which metal toolbox do you have? I'd prefer metal over plastic - my dad had a palstic one some years ago, and it looked like it got warped from the heat down here. Haven't seen that happen to metal ones. Plus, I think metal just looks better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts