Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New Frontier Curious member from CT

899 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I am a new member here as I am Frontier curious. I presently drive a Tacoma and I am considering a move to a Frontier. Figured before I spend >30K, I would surf here for a while and see if there are any important facts I should take into consideration.

#4 ·
NewB

More power also, The Mighty VQ engine, derived from the 370 Z sports car, And a 6speed Manual. I don't think the taco Has a stick. And its considerabley cheaper. Welcome.

MAC

#5 ·
I just went through the same process.....I am also from CT.

I was looking in the under 20k range. I found 3 things that swayed me towards the frontier:

1. Value...comparable Tacoma's of the same condition are just plain more expensive. Most of the Tacoma's in the range I was looking in were pretty beat.

2. The Nissan is a much more comfortable and easier to drive truck than the Tacoma. This is subjective but I like driving the Nissan way better.

3. Power...The Nissan V6 simply outshines the Toyota V6. This is the 4th vehicle I've had with engines from this class and I've been impressed with everyone.

#6 ·
The frame is stronger "fully boxed" = Frontier , C-Channel = Tacoma
Front driver and passenger seating position....personal preference i guess,,, but he Frontier is more of an upright seating position.

#7 ·
I worked 5yrs for Toyota. I know too much to ever buy another Tacoma!!! Fronties been great for last 5yrs and 45Kmi. So good when the thought of getting another rig came around I kept the Frontier and bought a new JK as a toy. Whenever I drive the Nissan I'm pleased with my decision to buy and keep it..

#8 ·
Some things to consider with the Frontier... she turns wide. Because the frame is boxed, it'll hold mud & crud (fix is to flush it REAL good, put 1 or 2 strategic drainage holes and then Fluid Film or similar to prevent rust). Limited aftermarket support. MY 2005-10 AT trans SMOD is a consideration.

All these issues have fixes.

Welcome to the Club.

#10 · (Edited)
what's the wheelbase on the Yukon?

If you Titan Swap you get much better turning radius. I believe alot of teh issue with stock geometry is in the knuckles & steering rack. I suspect a draglink type steering system could get tighter with everything else equal... and the rest is wheelbase... The Xterra turns tighter than the Frontier and it has same front geometry.

But I feel your pain... every time I have to pull off a 12 point turn on the trail.... it's like a scene out of Austin Powers...

#11 ·
what's the wheelbase on the Yukon?

If you Titan Swap you get much better turning radius. I believe alot of teh issue with stock geometry is in the knuckles & steering rack. I suspect a draglink type steering system could get tighter with everything else equal... and the rest is wheelbase... The Xterra turns tighter than the Frontier and it has same front geometry.

But I feel your pain... every time I have to pull off a 12 point turn on the trail.... it's like a scene out of Austin Powers...

It's 130" actually only 5" longer than the Frontier. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.