Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, been lurkin on here long enough. I drive an 04 CC 4X2. I love it! Not much on mods... 2.5" up front from the torsion bars, and 3" blocks in the back. Has always just been for looks, I know.. haha. K&N replacement filter is about it for performance. (edit) Also, stockers are wrapped in BFG A/Ts 32in. Alpine deck, components, coaxials, and 4ch amp for the system. Last but not least, the most recent is a thule/yakima roof rack for my yak!

New and Shiny! Home back in Geneva, FL

A Year Later! Baltimore, Maryland

Matured and across the States, Sonoma, CA

Current! Alexandria, VA

Future mods/ideas/plans are:

-Catback, maybe new headers (nismo seems the easiest and best quality from what I have read on here... but vids on YT dont really do it justice... ricey)

-New Camshaft (4x4parts.com)

-CAI (not sure on the Nismo, K&N or the Volant, or if any of them make a difference) /w snorkel and throttle body spacer.

-Sub, probably go with a kicker L5 12", ~600watts

-Suspension is, for some reason... scary to me. I LOOVVVEE love love roastbeefs ride, as well as idles!! I would like to get into crawling, or doing some dessert running. But this is where I am uncertain. I like the idea of sticking with the 4X2 drive I have now, and make it a true "prerunner" project. I am also interested in doing a SAS and playing on the rocks and in the mud. I'm not sure... I need to go to a local meet around here and see whats out there. Problem is, VA is all mudding!

Well, thats that for my intro. I'll mostly be in the 1st gen hangout.

:hi:

no love? bump!

just ordered a volant CAI today!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang, i used an old host from another forum i was on. i will upload to photobucket when i get home!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome Brotha! Ya got a good lookin Rig! The XE rims look awesome against the black. (your truck reminds me of mine) Maybe why i like it so much.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Welcome!

Great looking truck and it looks like it's been having a good life travelling the country.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Jerry! yes she has, im in the coast guard and have been to some pretty sweet places. i MISS northern california so bad though... one day, ill be back! haha

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the club!
I would skip the throttle body spacer and 99% of people say it is a waste of money and just makes a noise.
I am pretty sure that nismo is no longer offering new headers for our trucks. You may be able to find some used or left overs though. If I am correct this leaves you with 4x4parts.com headers or finding a pair of used SLR headers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea... the TBS does seem like a flop... but my new volant should be here next week! i am looking at the nismo exhaust on 4x4parts and they have it marked down to 350! that seems like a really good price. i have to admit... from the vids of the exhaust on youtube... im not fond of the sound. thinking about getting a super 44 muffler as well and then installing it to those sweet nismo pipes! as for headers... i think i will wait till xmas and treat myself to those, along with some cams maybe? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts