Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Frontier SE 4x4, 2006 Xterra S RWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member with a new 2006 Frontier, but I have towed camera cranes with my 2006 Xterra for 4 years. My Xterra has the same 4.0 motor and 6 spd manual as my Frontier, but 2 wheel drive.
I hope the longer wheelbase, 126” vs 106” will allow more stable towing at highway speeds. I think the Frontier suspension will also help. I do not expect it to drive itself as my 2005 Dodge diesel 6spd almost seemed to do. It was really stable. I get 14-15 mpg with the Xterra vs 13-14 with the Dodge, but gasoline is also cheaper than diesel. Nissan has done well with me; my wife has a 3.5 2013 Altima, and I bought a new 1987 and 1995 Maxima. My favorite car was my 1984 300Z turbo 5 spd.
I am semi retired, ASE certified, with a semi retired auto repair business, in addition to the camera crane gig with CBS, and ESPN.
I have already bought Frontier LE wheels, Pathfinder V8 calipers and rotors, to upgrade my front brakes. Thanks to Clubfrontier.
I look forward to helping others and being helped with my Frontier project. Insight central has sure helped me enjoy my Honda Insight, gen 1!
Michael

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome nice someone here from NE Texas funny I was just in Rockwall earlier today at the Nissan dealer picking up a new clockspring as they had 15%off parts. I reside just N.E of ya out in Hunt County

Reactions: butterman2473

·
Registered
2006 Frontier SE 4x4, 2006 Xterra S RWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome nice someone here from NE Texas funny I was just in Rockwall earlier today at the Nissan dealer picking up a new clockspring as they had 15%off parts. I reside just N.E of ya out in Hunt County
My shop is in Rockwall on I30, about 1/2 mile from Rockwall Nissan, Robert in parts is helpful. I live in Cooper just past Hunt co.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts