Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the forum and figured I would check in. I just recently picked up a new-to-me black 07 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 6 speed with 16k miles. I traded in an 07 Silverado 2500HD Ext. Cab 4x4 (hence the username-from Chevy forums) that I had done a lot of work on, but couldn't drive it daily due to gas mileage. So, I decided to downsize to something I could actually afford to drive rather than making a big payment on a truck to take up space in my shop. Hopefully I can get some pics up soon, but can't do it while I'm at work. See ya!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I finally got time to get some pictures up.

Here is the new Frontier (sorry, crappy dealership pics)

And here is the truck I traded in. Sorry it was dirty for the pics.

I have customized every truck I have ever owned, but I think the Frontier is going to have to stay pretty well stock since it is my commuter and I drive around 120 miles a day. I need to keep the gas mileage up there. Right now, I have a tonneau cover ordered for it, and I think I will tint the front windows to match, but probably not much after that.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
If it's your dd I would look into some performance parts, like an exhaust and intake, it will give you some more mpg's and hp. It looks good, as does the Frontier

I love Silverado's, my dad has that same body style, but his is a little older and 1500 Z71 instead

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's your dd I would look into some performance parts, like an exhaust and intake, it will give you some more mpg's and hp. It looks good, as does the Frontier

I love Silverado's, my dad has that same body style, but his is a little older and 1500 Z71 instead
I am thinking about a Cortex, I had a Predator on my Silverado and saw about 1 mpg increase, but had to run 91 octane, which more than offset the difference. I saw a loss of mpg on prior trucks including the 2500hd when I did intakes/exhausts, so I don't think I will do that. Maybe a good free flowing air filter in the stock box. I am just appreciating the 22 mpg I am getting now versus the 11 I got in the 2500hd.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
welcome, sharp looking truck~!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts