Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I am from Greensboro NC and I am new to site but not new to frontiers. I have a 99 Nissan frontier 4 Cyl 5 speed. I call her "white lightin" In fact I have had it so long my family as well as my wifes family all call it by white lightin too. I love my little truck because she gets my to my job as a firefighter and does so getting 25 to 29 miles per gallon. Thats great from the tahoe I did have (13 miles to gallon). I have Titan wheels with BFG KDWS 235/50/18. It is not lowered and has 183,000 but I did rebuild the motor a month ago from a burnt valve. I have do some motor work on her such as a header Jet coated, HID 6000K headlights with 3000K fog lights. I have some subs and amps too. Nothing crazy just enought to get alittle sound out of it. The guy who had white lightin before me didn't take very good care of her. He smoked and it smoked too, also I don't think he change the oil at all. It would use a quart in about 500-600 miles before I built the motor. But she made it 60,000 miles more after I bought her before she let go. Thats great nissan. The motor was the easiest i have ever replaced in one of my cars. I do all my own car work. I have built 450+ hp cobra mustangs to R22 toyotas so I do it all. I work on big rigs at my family's Trucking Co. So that is alittle about me. I am currently on my way to becoming a dad for the first time so all the car stuff will take a rest for now, but it will return. I would love to make white lighin a 2wd prerunner running 31-33" tires with the fenders and all. There is not a lot of Prerunners in Central NC. But that will all have to wait. For now I love her the way she is and I plan to drive it to my retirement dinner from the Fire Dept. in 2035. Again great site and love looking at everyone projects, keep it up.
Tyler

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Welcome to CF Tyler, sounds like you and your truck have been through a lot. I was unaware there are lots of pre-runners in NC (originally from western NC myself). Post some pictures of the truck when you get a chance. Congrats on soon becoming a father :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no prerunners around in NC thats why it would be great to have one. I figure it will be about 3 years before people in nc will start building them. The trends seem to work that way.

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
not a lot of place to use one in this area tho, cept maybe the beach. there is a guy in raleigh that's part of the NC xterra club that has a total choas long arm kit on his gen1 X, his is actually the prototype for the kit iirc

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered the same borla exhaust too, and love the way it sounds it also looks very nice. I have people asking me all the time what kind of exhaust it is because it sounds so good. I got mine from borla parts here, borla 11759 and was pleased with the price a delivery time. You should also check craigslist sometimes you can find a used set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I would love to do a tc lift...but it looks like I will be doing the poor mans lift and make it look like a prerunner. Around there it is more rock climbing at Uwharrie than high speed sand. But I don't think the old 5 speed would be good for that either. You really need a solid front axle for any type of rock attacks imo. And I need to keep my truck as a daily driver. And also it is really a street truck right now. You will see what I mean when I post pics. Pics soon to come.

·
Registered
578 Posts
good luck getting around on red clay with a pre runner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts