Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm from a small town near Ottawa in Ontario, Canda.

I just bought a 98 Frontier, 2.4 5spd RWD. It's my daily driver for getting to work and anything I do that might require a pickup. Pretty basic with the small motor and everything, but it does have AC and cruise control, which the 91 Toyota it's replacing didn't.

Seems like a pretty good truck for it's purpose, and in great shape for it's age. Only a couple issues so far - the speedometer seems to jump around a bit or stick at the wrong speeds, and just today my left turn signal came on permanently (solid, not blinking) when the lights are on; when the lights are off it works, but it also flashes all the dash lights at the same time. And the brake pedal lights them up as well if they're off, so it looks like I'm chasing after a bad ground this weekend!

Hopefully I can get it all sorted out and it will serve we well as a work vehicle for a while :)

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
Welcome to Club Frontier!
Yes you're correct it is a bad ground. Look in the bulb sockets for corrosion.

Clint

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome!

I solved the problem, there's a short somewhere in the trailer plug harness. Since I don't have a tongue and ball for the receiver and won't be towing any time soon, i just removed the harness for now.

I did break my tailgate handle this morning though, trying to open it in the freezing cold :( So now I have to open it by pulling the rods from inside the bed until I get a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts