Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to get fog lights for my truck and went with some OEM replacement fogs off Ebay. They're a brand (or whatever you want to classify it as) called DEPO and they're about half the price of what I would've otherwise paid. The only thing is they do not come with any hardware or the new stalk, so I did Mylt1's foglight bypass mod. I intend on converting these to HID once my kit arrives but for now I'm pretty happy with the way they look. What follows are some pics and descriptions. Please don't be shy to ask for any more pics/information.

Fuse box before the fuse tap

Fuse box after fuse tap installed...took all of 5 mins to do

Left front fog light. I used the old cap and cut out a hole big enough to for the light through. Yes I know it could be a little cleaner but at least they line up. I may decide to buff out some of the rougher edges later

Right front fog light

Fogs on with running lights :D

Fogs with low beams

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks good dude! I had the fog light bypass mod too, untill I installed the HID's and then it kept blowing the fuse :confused: so I took it out

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks good dude! I had the fog light bypass mod too, untill I installed the HID's and then it kept blowing the fuse :confused: so I took it out
Thanks man! Yah that can happen...were you running a 55W kit? I know with the one I ordered I got a relay for it as well so I shouldn't *knock on wood* be popping any fuses.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i have the depo lights too, i'm pleased with them, though i was able to get a factory fog stalk for $20 on ebay as well, so i lucked out

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the depo lights too, i'm pleased with them, though i was able to get a factory fog stalk for $20 on ebay as well, so i lucked out
That's not too bad at all for a stock. I guess it's pretty close to the same price as a fuse tap. I know I love the way mine works because I can still turn them off if I want to by leaving the stalk in the OFF position. They won't turn on until I move them in the accessory light position and stay on w/ regular lights and high beams.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might want to turn the fuse extension around the other way so you don't blow the fuse and lose your taillights.

I did the same exact thing you did yesterday and blew my fuse. So i went back to the bypass thread and learned that many people blew fuses this way, but turned the fuse extender and around and things worked fine. Had to add more wire to the extender to do it though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You might want to turn the fuse extension around the other way so you don't blow the fuse and lose your taillights.

I did the same exact thing you did yesterday and blew my fuse. So i went back to the bypass thread and learned that many people blew fuses this way, but turned the fuse extender and around and things worked fine. Had to add more wire to the extender to do it though.
Hmm Ill keep an eye on that...what exactly do you mean by turning it around?

That looks good man. I think fog lights will be my next mod...or would I call that an upgrade..haha
Thanks! Lol that is a hard one to call...I'd say if they're a mod IF they're HID. Until then I'd just call them an upgrade :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
^^

notice how your 2 fuses at the end of you fuse tap are pointing up towards the truck? Well you need to unplug the tap and turn it the other way so that the fuses point down away from the truck.

The red wire that extends out of the fuse tap will no longer reach when you do this, so you must add more wire. Read the whole fog light by-pass thread and you will see that many people (including my self) had problems until they installed the tap opposite from what you have in the pic.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^

notice how your 2 fuses at the end of you fuse tap are pointing up towards the truck? Well you need to unplug the tap and turn it the other way so that the fuses point down away from the truck.

The red wire that extends out of the fuse tap will no longer reach when you do this, so you must add more wire. Read the whole fog light by-pass thread and you will see that many people (including my self) had problems until they installed the tap opposite from what you have in the pic.
10-4

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts