Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pictures of the new frontier crew cab box. It will be available on Ebay around the first of June. It is molded out of 3/8" ABS. It has a 5/8" mdf baffle. Mounting depth is a little over 5 inches. I water checked the airspace and it held a bit more than 9 gallons which puts it around 1.2 cubic feet. It will be available with 2-10" cutouts or blank. Ebay price will be $125 + $40 s&h. I am considering becoming a site sponsor. If you purchase a sub box, please mention that you seen it on clubfrontier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Joefox said:
These are some pictures of the new frontier crew cab box. It will be available on Ebay around the first of June. It is molded out of 3/8" ABS. It has a 5/8" mdf baffle. Mounting depth is a little over 5 inches. I water checked the airspace and it held a bit more than 9 gallons which puts it around 1.2 cubic feet. It will be available with 2-10" cutouts or blank. Ebay price will be $125 + $40 s&h. I am considering becoming a site sponsor. If you purchase a sub box, please mention that you seen it on clubfrontier.
Nice to see other options coming out!!! Thanks for the pics. Now for some ?s...
What is the max mounting depth for subs?
Any chance we can see it installed?
Looks like it does take up the whole rear seat space - any plans for somthing a bit smaller?

Thanks in advance! The finish does look great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice. I am definetly interested. I will keep an eye on this thread to keep track of the progress.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2 10". Just what I was waiting for. I don't think two 8 would be enough for me. I'll definetly be checking this thread. :twisted:

Edit
Is the 1.2 cu.ft. per sub or all together?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The maximum mounting depth like you see it is 5.25". The box has about 1.5" of clearance between the box and seat bottom so you could add a 1/2" spacer if you need the extra depth. The only subs that I have heard so far were a pair of JL Audio 10" w1's and they sounded very good. We mounted a Memphis audio 1100D on the back wall. The other route would be a single 10" ported or a pair of 8's ported. I considered making a smaller box that fit on the passenger side but as of now I just don't have the time to make the mold. I'll have some pictures around monday or tuesday of the enclosure in the truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see that the mounting depth on those image dynamic 10's is 5.25" Thats cutting it very close. If I were you I would make a .25" spacer to keep the sub off the back of the box. I am considering making a .5" spacer option. It would be a extra $10

·
Registered
395 Posts
Joefox,

I sent you a PM. I really want to get your sub box, but just have a request before I shell out the cash. Is it listed on eBay right now?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
does the thin 3/8'' ABS flex at all? how about the 5/8'' mdf front? i have never heard a sub in a plastic enclosure. is it similar to fiberglass? or does it sound "boomy"??? i made a box for my 2 8'' kicker solobarics and i made itout of 1/2'' mdf (basicly the same thing). the small space in between the speakers broke out in about 20 hours of use. i had to redo the font baffle and put a support piece from the bottom of the box to the top. do you have any supports in yours? can we see some installed pics? you mentioned making a spacer so you could put a deeper sub in. what would it be made out of and could you make it larger than 1/2''. i could go larger because i have my back seat "shimmed" up for my speaker setup already. could you put the wire terminal somewhere other than right on top?? is it cheaper to get without any holes cut in the top? i am very intrested because i do not like the way my setup sounds right now. i dont have enough airspace. mine is made out of all wood and i used all the space i can get......but it still isnt enough. thanks and let us know the clubfrontier price!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
livin_loud, glad you found the post. I needed someone w/ your experience and expertise to ask questions like those.

And where in the hell is this joefox guy???

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
PIMPaLiCiOuS said:
livin_loud, glad you found the post. I needed someone w/ your experience and expertise to ask questions like those.

And where in the hell is this joefox guy???
probably bumpin some subs in the box to see if it will break like mine did....LOL that is why i am waiting on getting one. i want to see how this things holds up.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
if you do a google search for "speaker box for a crew cab frontier" there should be a couple listed. thats how i found the one im either gonna copy and build myself or order.not sure yet.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts