Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new Luk clutch kit and flywheel. It feels very light and catches close to release. It reminds me of a Civic or Corolla... not very truck like.
Is the lightness typical of a new clutch? Is there an adjustment that releases the clutch closer to letoff?
I could maybe get used to the lightness but the early release seems like off-roading and towing annoying.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That would be typical of a diaphragm clutch. The efforts are lighter when new and get heavier as it wears. You slowly adapted to the clutch feel as it wore. You are back to a new starting point again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be typical of a diaphragm clutch. The efforts are lighter when new and get heavier as it wears. You slowly adapted to the clutch feel as it wore. You are back to a new starting point again.
Sounds good. I've never had a new clutch feel this light though. I've been driving manuals for decades but I feel like an amateur with this one.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Gen 1 or 2 Frontier?
IFF Gen 2: V6/6-sp or I4/5-sp? Is it safe to say your new flywheel is a dual mass unit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gen 1 or 2 Frontier?
IFF Gen 2: V6/6-sp or I4/5-sp? Is it safe to say your new flywheel is a dual mass unit?
Sorry... I thought the drivetrain was divided by gens. It's a 2nd generation 4.0/6-speed with the dual mass flywheel.
I'm pretty sure the first generation Frontier, or any previous model, is not close to being a pain in the butt that this one was replacing the clutch and flywheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts