Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my new Canopy Roof rack, I wanted a rack that would match the factory Rack. $40 and a few hours of welding.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
That looks great! We need full truck shots though :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks good. How much spacing between cab and canopy? Asking in case flex becomes an issue. At the bed height flex would be less than at the top of the canopy height.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good. How much spacing between cab and canopy? Asking in case flex becomes an issue. At the bed height flex would be less than at the top of the canopy height.
There is 5/8" between the rack and truck rack. Last night I took the truck offroad really hard and no contact.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Sweet! Very nice!:goodjob:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Looks great! Nice work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
wow, wish i could have fabbed that up too, thats just what im looking for. ahh the list never ends, nice work.

·
Super Moderator
11,539 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
looks awesome! How'd u attach the rack to your cap? Would be nice if you could get some "Nissan" decals to compliment the "Frontier" on the truck roof rack

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
There is 5/8" between the rack and truck rack. Last night I took the truck offroad really hard and no contact.
Great!

Fab work is top notch. Good job on the project.

As long as it doesn't contact while in use, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
looks awesome! How'd u attach the rack to your cap? Would be nice if you could get some "Nissan" decals to compliment the "Frontier" on the truck roof rack
The bottom, where it contacts the canopy is 1/4" plate, and it is tapped for two bolts which come from the inside, up into the holes. The two bolts will go through a 1/4" plate with a pipe transferring the weight to the rail of the trucks box. For twelve bucks a side I can buy FRONTIER stickers from Courtesy Nissan, or if the CF stickers get made they may have a home there.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Nice Pathfinder!! LOL just kidding, just kidding. Good work!
:goodjob:

·
Registered
145 Posts
sweet

that looks sick, I want it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I guess I just dont understand.. Why not just buy a pathfinder if you wanna do that?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Its not easy to hose out the back of a pathfinder without getting the rest of the inside wet....:laugh:
...Ahhh somebody made a funny that nobody understands...LOL

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Its not easy to hose out the back of a pathfinder without getting the rest of the inside wet....:laugh:
:laugh:

looks great man, what type of weight limits are you expecting? i have a aluminum style cap and would like to try something like this with mine. i do not have the rack on top of the cab like you do but having the extra space on top of the cap would always be a plus. long trips in the woods require as much usable space as possible and i assume this the same for you as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts