Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Camburg UCA's *INSTALLED*

Looky what I got :D... They're Camburg uppers w/ polyurethane joints w/ grease fittings and a uniball. They're really beefy and look great too. I'm really looking forward to putting these on. What surprised me though when I opened the box were the cam bolts that came w/ it. I looked at the truck (at night, no flashlight) and it might be able to be adjusted, but I don't remember if the holes were oblong. From what I've heard, these add caster, which is good, and a little camber as well; also good seeing as how I'm lifted 4". I'll post pics when I get time to install them.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Congrats. Camburg makes some awesome stuff.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
look nice. guess we need to make an Eglin run so we can test out both of our UCAs. i bought Brandons when he demoded his truck.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be down for an Eglin run! I do need some longer shocks out back though. I'm running AAL, 1" block, and shackles. I've got 3" extended Bilsteins but they aren't quite enough to get the full articulation out of the back.. not to mention I don't wanna top them out continuously when I'm doing 50+ through the whoops :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looky what I got :D... They're Camburg uppers w/ polyurethane joints w/ grease fittings and a uniball. They're really beefy and look great too. I'm really looking forward to putting these on. What surprised me though when I opened the box were the cam bolts that came w/ it. I looked at the truck (at night, no flashlight) and it might be able to be adjusted, but I don't remember if the holes were oblong. From what I've heard, these add caster, which is good, and a little camber as well; also good seeing as how I'm lifted 4". I'll post pics when I get time to install them.

Nice! Camburg makes slick stuff, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Just curious, how much did those set you back price wise?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I assumo they are titan UCAs? Do they make them for the fronty?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
$550 shipped to the door :D
Are you saying these are better than prg?

Where did you buy them from? The camburg site wants $599

I hope greg decides to drop the price to at least $550 w/o camber bolts, when it comes time to buy a set

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If by better, you mean they cost less.. then yes. But I can't comment on the quality as I haven't tested these vs. the PRG's. Gregs arms seem to be great from what I've heard, but I just couldn't get past all the stories I've heard online about heims being bad for humid climates (I live in the south) and mud (once again, thats all we have); this is why I chose the fixed pivot style arm. The Total Chaos arms are nearly identical, but cost $100 more. Camburg is a proven name and so I had alot of confidence buying their products.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If by better, you mean they cost less.. then yes. But I can't comment on the quality as I haven't tested these vs. the PRG's. Gregs arms seem to be great from what I've heard, but I just couldn't get past all the stories I've heard online about heims being bad for humid climates (I live in the south) and mud (once again, thats all we have); this is why I chose the fixed pivot style arm. The Total Chaos arms are nearly identical, but cost $100 more. Camburg is a proven name and so I had alot of confidence buying their products.
Glad you mentioned the "stories you heard". :crikey: $50 for camber bolts from Greg...and you get yours with the UCAs. But i can't afford to buy UCAs now, and i need camber bolts right now.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
so are those bolts meant to be used on the uppers of a titan? and can they even work on the frontier?
or are those meant to be used on the lower titan arms?

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I talked to Camburg on why they use bushing not hiems on there non race kits they said they are quiter, and easier/cheaper to replace..

FYI last time I talked to SLR he still had some UCA he made for titan swaps still and I can get you in touch with him.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Ya they look identical to the TC arms i used to have. I run the PRG heims now but if they are identical to the TC arms you'll be very happy with them with the lift you have.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed them today... its amazing how much smoother it goes when you have access to a lift and alignment machine :D.

I've got more downtravel now, simply because the arms do not hit the coil bucket. My limiting factor up front is now my shocks.

They added caster, which made it drive MUCH better when I took it down the road. Also, my camber is slightly negative now. In the long run, it may wear my tires just a little, but it will definitely be worth it for the improved handling in corners.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
those look nice. so when we going test our arms out?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts