Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Is there any way we could get a picture of a Hi-Lift jacking up the Frontier using the sliders? I am just concerned with the single bolt in each end failing under trail use.

Also, any thoughts on using 3 legs instead of just 2? Might make it a little more rigid but may require drilling the frame.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
dude this is tight as hell

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
I have them building a set of their extream duty sliders for my kc and all he needed was a couple of measurments. The frames on the 2nd gen have the same mounts but just closer together.I don't know about the 1st gen frames though. As far as the plate thickness goes he is using 1/4 and the mout wraps under the frame and bolts from underneath was well.
he posted a pic of the sliders that didnt show what you describe :noworries:

and KC frame are the same as the CC up till the last 1ft or so before the tire but he is only using 2 mounts and not 3 so i guess you dont have to worry about that (penski)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Also, any thoughts on using 3 legs instead of just 2? Might make it a little more rigid but may require drilling the frame.
The $399 price includes the third leg, but for the super-duper $349 deal they come with two legs. If you want to get the third leg option I will sell it for $369 (extra steel, extra labor).

he posted a pic of the sliders that didnt show what you describe :noworries:

and KC frame are the same as the CC up till the last 1ft or so before the tire but he is only using 2 mounts and not 3 so i guess you dont have to worry about that (penski)
Thanks, you are observant and correct. To add the second plate underneath requires we weld the second plate to the feet of the sliders where they mount on the frame. To get perfect alignment we will do it on the truck. We fabbed this set and bolted them up to get a picture on the site.

Somebody else asked for pics of the welding work. When I get those posted I will add some of the completed slider feet.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Any plans to wrap the frame with the mounts? What thickness are you using on the mounting plates? I have seen far too many mounting plates bend that don't wrap the frame. Is this planned for a later version or more expensive version?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Any plans to wrap the frame with the mounts? What thickness are you using on the mounting plates? I have seen far too many mounting plates bend that don't wrap the frame. Is this planned for a later version or more expensive version?
This design wraps the frame on 2 sides, the side exposed to the exterior, and underneath the frame. We are using 1/4 plate steel, gusseted for the mounts, as well as bolt on installation ( for moderate use we suggest welding the feet to the frame for added rigidity and strength).

If you plan on bashing the rocks, spend the extra 20 bucks, get the third leg. It will provide a better high lift mounting point as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Followed a link over from thenewx.org, and I must say..this is welcome news! I already have sliders myself, but MANY people are looking for good quality sliders w/o the 6month wait of shrockworks. Thanks for building us a great looking product and also adding to the Nissan aftermarket!

ETA: Black Widow, please visit us over at www.thenewx.org and post an intro and this thread in the "Exterior" forum! Look forward to seeing you there!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
This design wraps the frame on 2 sides, the side exposed to the exterior, and underneath the frame. We are using 1/4 plate steel, gusseted for the mounts, as well as bolt on installation ( for moderate use we suggest welding the feet to the frame for added rigidity and strength).

If you plan on bashing the rocks, spend the extra 20 bucks, get the third leg. It will provide a better high lift mounting point as well.
Cool.. But is there anything that prevents the mount plates for the bolt on solution from getting pulled away from the frame under stress? I was specifically wondering if you were going to wrap the frame on three sides. I understand welding the plates directly to the frame would prevent this from happening, but in the bolt on case it seems the 1/4 plate may not stay snug to the frame when coming down hard on a rock. Unless that is the plate that wraps on the bottom is also bolted to the frame from underneath. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That is how his are on his truck.
I assume then you have to drill out the frame? How do you get a nut in there to fasten to?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Price decrease to $299

Based on critical input we received from ClubFrontier we are re-launching the Black Widow Off-Road Scorpion series sliders. The Scorpion "Street" sliders provide ample protection from urban obstacles. Designed to be as strong as they are sleek, Scorpion Street Sliders will be a perfect accent for your street machine.

Pricing starts at $369
Introductory pricing through November 30, 2008 - $329
ClubFrontier Price: $299

Scorpion "Rock" sliders (Adapted from Scorpion Street Sliders ) will be released next week with upgraded components and design....Stay tuned!

Erik

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you are putting a body lift on you should look at BWOR,s extream duty slider, so you can cover the frame that will be exposed. If not I'm sure they can make the scorpion slider fit for you.
How much are these & can we see a picture of them? Very interested!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here is a render of the Black Widow series Xtreme Heavy Duty slider:

Here are photos in fabrication final finish work:

If we can get the manufacturing cost where we are targeting, we should be selling these between $6-700 for the set. There is as much steel in these as two bumpers, but they are sick!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Damnit....wish i had not gotten my cheesy $480.00 rock sliders....would've boughten these for $300.00....kickin myself in the butt now....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Any answer yet on a set for trucks with a 2" body lift?
Yes, thanks for the reminder. We have a simple and easy solution to modify the mounting point of the legs to the plates, offset by 2 inches from the standard set to compensate for the body lift.

We will modify a set for you for an additional $15 if your interested.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Those aren't rock sliders (Black Widow), those are rock crushers! Jeebus Christopher that's over kill. I like over kill. :)

The sound of Scorpion Street Sliders sounds weak, IMHO. I like how you referred to them as sport in the other thread. Scorpion Sport Sliders sounds sooooooooooooooooo much beefier. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Those aren't rock sliders (Black Widow), those are rock crushers! Jeebus Christopher that's over kill. I like over kill. :)

The sound of Scorpion Street Sliders sounds weak, IMHO. I like how you referred to them as sport in the other thread. Scorpion Sport Sliders sounds sooooooooooooooooo much beefier. Just my .02.
or how 'bout "street rails"

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Still sounds weak.

"Hey man, nice sliders. Where'd you get them?"
"I got them form Black Widow Off-Road. It's their Scorpion Street Rail line."

Lame. Sounds like something that belongs on a skateboard. I'll be dead honest, for someone like me, they are perfectly acceptable. I will never be hung up on a rock. I will never try to pivot my truck on them. I won't be tackling Moab any time soon or anything of that nature. For 90% of the places I go, they are more than enough. I'm the kind of guy this model was aimed at.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Here is a render of the Black Widow series Xtreme Heavy Duty slider:

Here are photos in fabrication final finish work:

If we can get the manufacturing cost where we are targeting, we should be selling these between $6-700 for the set. There is as much steel in these as two bumpers, but they are sick!
im wonder if these sliders can be custom order with different material such as light weight aluminuim or even extreme as 4130 chromoly ??? for weight savings, thanks for any input :)

and how much do you expect these to tip the scale in weight as is ??

Damnit....wish i had not gotten my cheesy $480.00 rock sliders....would've boughten these for $300.00....kickin myself in the butt now....
this is why i wait lol goodjob on these sliders though boss they do look very sick :)

21 - 40 of 67 Posts