Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new this so bear with me. I am going to college in Boone NC and study BIO, therefore I spend a lot of time in the national forest. Me and the old lady also love the outdoors and hiki the app trail, kayak, rock climb and free style dive on the outer Banks. Does anyone have a mod list I can follow for this life style for the Frontier I am buying.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
D. All of the above

But seriously, IMO it comes down to personal tastes and needs. Two people could look for the same thing, a truck capable of hauling kayaks, bikes, camping equipment and various items, and come out with two completely different lists of mods, and could prioritize them in two completely different ways. I would say start with a base truck that will 'get you by', off road, rack etc (of course I'm now partial to the Pro 4X...loaded :p) and then look at what you want it to do that it doesn't already. Need extra fuel? Want to personalize the look? More off-road capabilities? Better mounting system for your toys? All boils down to what you want, and how much you can spend right off of the bat. ;)

Anywho...welcome! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Welcome to the club! Nice to have you join us. Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place! There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Safe driving and Happy Modding!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the Club Frontier forums Appy State! I don't know of a check list of the items that you are looking for .... Mods run all over the place. One of the reasons that I like my truck so much is that I know that it is the only one exactly like it on earth! Enjoy the forums and keep asking questions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, taken into account what everyone had said, here is my first real question. Form what I have read the only really difference of the Pro 4x and the other trims of the Frontier is the suspension, tires, and skid plate. If this is true and I plan to buy a full skid pack from Hefty Fab and put a lift kit on then I could buy any of the Frontier trims. Correct?????????????????

·
Site Sponsor
412 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Tons of options on customizing your Frontier to fit your needs. It sounds like you'll definitely need some sort of roof rack if you're hauling kayaks.

Good luck with your build, tons of info on this site

Nick C.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, taken into account what everyone had said, here is my first real question. Form what I have read the only really difference of the Pro 4x and the other trims of the Frontier is the suspension, tires, and skid plate. If this is true and I plan to buy a full skid pack from Hefty Fab and put a lift kit on then I could buy any of the Frontier trims. Correct?????????????????
Pro-4x also has a locking electronic diff.

I looked at both and am heavily leaning towards the SV 4x4 as it will do everything I need it to just fine. I have some of the same thoughts you do around the lift, tires, etc if I decide I want it later.

Reason for the truck: just bought a cabin near Boone, NC so hello new neighbor! ::grin::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts