1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
How much did they cost ?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I have the same ones by the look of it and they certainly make life easier .
Perfect fit too no messing around they just bolt on and work.
Noticed you removed the factory strut completely too.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I would love to do this mod. Add another one to the list.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Depending on where you are, you can order from McMaster Carr, they have these for 14.00 each, then the hardware. I did this mod 2 years ago for abour 35 bucks shipped! Great mod for sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,928 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
McMaster-Carr

Part #: 9416K18 @ $12.46 X 2 - 18" struts
(Force: 70-90#)
Part #: 9416K74 @ $1.75 X 4
Part #: 9512K95 @ $1.94 X 4

FYI for guys going to do the McMaster Carr set up. If you're going to follow the Redline instructions you will need to get the #9416k18 struts (they are 18"), the #9416k74 steel ball sockets, and 9512k95 ball mounts. I ordered the 9416k2 struts originally(they are 22") as someone else on here did but they are too long for the Redline mounting so I sent them back.

*FYI* when drilling the hood for the upper mounts DO NOT PUSH TOO HARD WITH THE DRILL. I now have 4 tiny dings in the hood from drilling the holes and when the drill bit pokes through the side and taps the hood lightly making tiny marks in the top surface of the hood. Oh well, not too noticeable, but I wish I noticed after doing the first hole.

*FYI* Also I used Redlines instructions exactly EXCEPT I moved the upper bracket 1 more inch towards the end of the hood(towards the front of the vehicle) making the measurement 24-1/4" not 23-1/4".

Just some info to pass along.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If i got these it would force me to open my hood a little more often! Good idea:)

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
McMaster-Carr]McMaster-Carr
Part #: 9416K18 @ $12.46 X 2 - 18" struts

I bought the 18" struts too, but they opened the hood up to far. If you look at the hinge there is a little tab on the side which is supposed to stop the hood from opening to far. With the 18" they push the tab out and away. I thought this would eventually weaken the hinge so I changed them to the next size down, which is 16" and lowered the force to 60lbs each. Now the hood doesn't slam open as hard and it opens almost exactly to the original height when it had the prop rod.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't want to drill... Is there a 100% bolt on version?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the look of this one better than the Redline Quicklift. But $92 on ebay seems a bit steep. I wish I had the know how to make these my self. oh well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts