Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did quite a bit of searching and tried a few things but nothing working.

Replaced my battery a few months ago and apparently i didn't tighten up the positive terminal enough. Went to start the truck and it wouldn't start, cranked down the positive terminal and no problem.

Started the truck and now the vdc and slip lights are stuck on. Tried restarting the truck a few times and I've been driving with them on for weeks now and i can't get them to go off.

Tried the turn it off, turn it on and drive straight for a few truck lengths and nothing. In the past the vdc light has come on after disconnecting power but always goes off after a mile or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Think VDC is drive forward STRAIGHT can not for the life of me remember for how far though and it should shut off slip no idea just try searching this forum DIY/tech tips DIY - Do It Yourself / Tech Tips - Nissan Frontier Forum

Someone should be along shortly that might not of had a few already sorry couldn't help you more and good luck

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah drive straight about 500 ft without touching the steering wheel no faster than 20 km/hr seems to work for me.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Did quite a bit of searching and tried a few things but nothing working.

Replaced my battery a few months ago and apparently i didn't tighten up the positive terminal enough. Went to start the truck and it wouldn't start, cranked down the positive terminal and no problem.

Started the truck and now the vdc and slip lights are stuck on. Tried restarting the truck a few times and I've been driving with them on for weeks now and i can't get them to go off.

Tried the turn it off, turn it on and drive straight for a few truck lengths and nothing. In the past the vdc light has come on after disconnecting power but always goes off after a mile or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
back during the winter I was doing some in-cab mods over several days in the garage. Doors were open entire time, radio on some of the time, never put it on a trickle-charge, ... batt got low enough that it wouldn't turn over when I tried to start it after completion. Just did the starter click click clikc. Charged batt, started fine, but had All the lights. Disconnected the batt (and slow charged more for good measure) for about 2 hours, reconnected everything, started right up, still lights, put in gear and within 100ft everything cleared...

TLDR: sometimes if the ECM sees the voltage go too low it'll scramble and needs a full discharge/reset by disconnecting power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts