Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning Everyone,

I need some help on the next place to trouble shoot my issue with my Bank 1 Sensor 1 (AFR sensor) on my 07 4.0L.

Long Story Short - Truck threw a code that my old code reader misread. Now I have been using Torque Pro with the Nissan File pack. I suspected before this that the CAT and both sensors on the passenger side were needing replace due to their sheer age (120k). I replaced the Driver side CAT and both sensors a few month back due to the P0430 Code. It fixed that side.

Eventually I got the code to trip on Bank 1. I'm waiting for it to pop again. But I believe it was the following:

O2 Sensor Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks

I suspected it was this as Torque was reading an average of .45v, while Bank 2 was .8-.9v. All fuel trims seem to be within appropriate ranges (Short and Long, but will monitor some more to be sure).

Changed the CAT and both sensors on Bank 1. Still reading .4.5v on the B1S1

Doubled checked my connection and cleaned the wire harnesses for the sensor. Disconnected the battery, Reset the ECU, Checked and cleaned any possible related fuses. Still reading .45v...

So where do I go next? From research it looks like its pointing to dirty injectors, vacuum leak or intake Mani leak. I plan to take care of each.

Anyone experience anything similar?

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
Try erasing the "self-learning memory control" and see what happens. You need a Consult II or III scan tool or similarly capable generic scan tool to do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts