Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First thing tomorrow morning, I'm picking up my 2017 Pro4x crew cab 6 speed manual in brilliant silver. I owned a 2006 SL years ago and wish I'd never sold it, although I didn't care for the 5 speed auto. I always wanted an off-road ready truck and the Pro4x is an excellent value in that arena. I'm glad to be getting one before the upcoming redesign because, even though this truck isn't the most refined or modern, it IS still the best overall midsize truck, in my opinion. It's as capable as any of the competition and is extremely reliable and that's what matters to me, especially since I do all of my own maintenance. Looking forward to participating on the forum.

UPDATE:
Well, I just finished my first full week with the Pro4x and I am loving this truck! I'm very surprised how comfortable and smooth it rides on the road. I expected the off-road suspension and all-terrain tires to be more rough. I love the menacing look of this thing too. It looks way meaner in the metal than it does in photos. I'm trying to go easy on the throttle during 1200 mile break-in, keeping it under 3000 RPMs, but it's been hard with this VQ40 engine! My MPGs has been pretty bad so far, around 16 MPGs, but that will improve as the engine breaks in and I learn to manage throttle inputs better. The only negative mark so far is that the Rockford Fosgate sound system had a blown speaker in the driver door. I suspect this was the doing of some yahoo at the dealership and not a factory defect. I am taking it in on Monday to have a new speaker installed. Very happy customer here!

Don

·
Registered
133 Posts
Love my Pro4X. Welcome to the family!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 243002

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome, I like you see reliability and do it yourself maintenance in the same way. I had a 05 Titan for 2 years. And regret ever letting it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 243002

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's exactly why I just bought my 2017 Pro4X as well. I wanted to time it before the redesign. My last Frontier was a 2004 so I'm a fan of last model years. I should have waited and gotten an '18, but just couldn't wait any longer! 6 speed Pro4X here as well. Gotta have my stick...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I realize people want a body style change, but I dislike the new Titan. I'd hate to see them screw up the Fronty. They obviously see they have a good thing going and people are buying them regardless. My Pro4X is unique in my area - I'm the only one with all the graphics. Lol Everyone else just has the badges. Really, there are not that many Pro4s in the area.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I really like this old lol styling to. But it still looks relevant and fresh to me. I do like the eruo Navara. I think that’s how they spell it. But that need to keep the leaf springs in the rear. jmho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realize people want a body style change, but I dislike the new Titan. I'd hate to see them screw up the Fronty. They obviously see they have a good thing going and people are buying them regardless. My Pro4X is unique in my area - I'm the only one with all the graphics. Lol Everyone else just has the badges. Really, there are not that many Pro4s in the area.

I'm actually thinking about removing the bed side Pro4x decals from mine. Never been a fan of that kinda thing, but everyone has their own preferences for aesthetics. I prefer more of a stealth look myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts