Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2016 Pro-4x. Looking forward to driving her when I get back to the states. Currently in Korea and we'll be taking a drive from Los Angeles to anchorage early next year. Plan on putting a block heater, battery blanket, and oil pan heater as first mods due to the extremes up north. As for why the frontier, this site was huge help in making my choice and knowing this generation frontier is dated but got all the bugs out. Thank you. image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice truck! Sounds like quite a road trip you have planned. That's the same reason I went with a Frontier; they've had plenty of time to work out the issues.

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
Same reason I bought mine....did my tour in the ROK too...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just put in the block heater this week. Zerostart part number 3100007. Frost plug Allen key size is 14mm. Not 10mm. Also, block heater head size is 15/16. All very important to know before you start.

Breaker bar was enough to get plug out, needed lots of extension. Plug is at funny angle and there is literally no good way to reach in. Patience is key (I have very little, I threw my breaker bar once in frustration). Works like a charm though!

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here and congrats on your truck, looks amazing. There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same reason I bought mine....did my tour in the ROK too...
The year has passed by pretty quick, but I'm ready to go. Seems the third tour here really starts getting to you.

I just put in the block heater this week. Zerostart part number 3100007. Frost plug Allen key size is 14mm. Not 10mm. Also, block heater head size is 15/16. All very important to know before you start.

Breaker bar was enough to get plug out, needed lots of extension. Plug is at funny angle and there is literally no good way to reach in. Patience is key (I have very little, I threw my breaker bar once in frustration). Works like a charm though!
Appreciate the info. I found the part numbers on the site in other forums, but everybody says the install is a pain, and knowing the exact sizes seems to be key in saving time.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, and the 14mm hex head isn't sold around me at any parts store or hardware store unless in a set. So now I have a bunch of hex heads I hope to use, or a $40 14mm I only needed once!

Routing the cable was easy, but I used some sheathing near the block just in case. I used every bit of cable and the plug hangs just out of my passenger light.

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts