Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just picked up my 2016 Frontier King Cab, replaced a 2010 Frontier standard cab. Disappointed to find the driver seat (manual adjustment) does not move back enough to drive comfortably in the new King cab. Took a test drive but didn't feel the problem until I picked it up and drove for an hour.

Anyone ever move the seat ? Found this place Home Home they don't currently make a replacement track for the 2016 Frontier . They are in CA and if you drop your vehicle off and leave it with them for a few days they will use it to make the extender and give you one for free. I'm in NY. They will also manufacturer one on demand for a $1500 fee.

Anyone else having issues with leg room and want to contribute to the seat extender ?
After a day on the road my knees are killing me, $1500 is less expensive then a knee replacement .

Good day !

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a 1981 Honda Accord that I bought new. I had the same problem. I got some 1/4" X 1" flat steel stock, cut me some 3-4" pieces and drilled hole in each end and bent them in a kind of snake type "S" shape so the back hole was elevated about 1/2" above the front hole (so the head of the bolt for the seat would fit above the seat tract). I took out the seat, bolted the extensions to the floor mounts and then the seat to the extensions with some 3/8X24 Grade 8 hardware. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The homemade extension is on the list however the seat extender replacement method is recommended by Nissan in terms of not compromising the safety features of the car, airbag effectiveness , position of seat-belt etc. Definitely need to do something soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and mine seems just fine. I know mine is a CC and you're a KC, - is there any difference in how far back the seats go? I usually drop mine back on long interstate stretches so I can extend my legs without a bend in the knee and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just watched the video, it's really no different than what I did for $5 worth of hardware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts