Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sort of, was looking for a 2005+ frontier or tacoma initially but was out of luck and couldn't find any in or around my area and within my price range for months, then one day I decided to check craigslist and lo and behold this ad for a sweet lookin grey powder coated frontier supecharged crew cab long bed, it had one previous owner, 130k miles, and from the pics it was in excellent condition. I didn't immediately buy it, was really hesitant at first, but I did give the owner a call. luckily I was the first one to call him, turns out he just got done posting the ad about 10 something minutes before I called... not sure if he was serious though.

fast forward to me test driving the truck, first thing I noticed was the condition the truck was in. it looked damn near brand new, a few minor scratches and cosmetic issues that i didn't even notice until he pointed it out. all-in-all, the guy took extremely good car of the truck. hopped in the driver seat and started it up, immediately noticed how strong the truck sounds on start up, it felt and sounded a tad bit stronger than my friends 08 taco. drove around for about 10 minutes, was planning to go a full 15 but all it took was 10 and I was sold. the supecharger is what got me, really love the way it sounds and the torque was ridiculously strong... well, it turns out the guy installed a 2.3 pulley and didn't disclose it with me... and that's why I'm here.

before I found out about the mod, I thought it was perfectly normal for the truck to be that fast at WOT. there's no way of telling what kind of wear I put on the supercharger, thankfully I'm not having any issues at the moment but who knows what will happen if I keep the 2.3 pulley in there, so I plan on replacing it with a 2.4 one. that being said, I LOVE this truck and plan on modding the bleep out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
nice find, got any pics of your baby?

engine and body pics please...lol

I used to have a 2000 and I hated it, but it had nothing I wanted except the color

1 - 2 of 2 Posts