Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I traded in my beloved ‘17 Ram 1500 for my ‘22 Frontier. In my initial quest for a good off-road oriented midsize truck I was dead-set on a 2021 Colorado ZR2, problem was finding one at a local dealer in stock that wasn’t already spoken for. I found one, a white ‘21 with 20k miles on it that was being sold at MSRP, lol. I went there acting interested, in reality I just wanted to test drive it to see if it’s driving habits and cabin was what I actually wanted. Loved how it drove, good power and was nice sitting up at relatively the same height as my Ram. However, the interior was a huge disappointment, and to be honest at 5’10 I wouldn’t be able to reach a tie down in the bed from the side, for close to $50k it’s “meh” at best. I decided I would wait for a revamp of the model.
And then I saw it, a black 2022 Frontier Pro-4X at a local dealer as I was driving by, truck looked sick. Went to take a peek and saw a $5k mark up, left immediately. Then a dealer the next town over had the sand colored pro-4x on their lot. I went down the next day to check it out to literally have the new owner hop in and drive it off the lot. A salesman came up to me and explained that he had a black one that was just unloaded from the truck that wasn’t even in the inventory yet. Test drove it the next day and I literally fell in love with the truck. It is loaded out, every bell and whistle including sunroof and tow hitch without markup. I got a damn good trade in on my truck and decided to sign on the dotted line. Since this is my first brand new vehicle, I told the salesman to not have any detailer touch the truck, which to my surprise they actually listened to me. First stop for the truck was to my local detail shop and the truck was paint corrected and given a 5 year ceramic coating on everything including the wheels, as well as ceramic tint on the front doors to match the rears. The truck may not be AS capable as a ZR2, but it definitely fits my needs as something I can count on to last past 150k miles. Really looking forward to learning from this forum and getting a 2.5 coil over kit with some 285’s under her.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome!
Beautiful truck!
Enjoy it.

Reactions: Bamps and TheLoob

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro 4X Tactical Green Metallic
42 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think you have your license plate in front of the sensor? Isn’t it behind that plastic piece?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could be wrong, but I think you have your license plate in front of the sensor? Isn’t it behind that plastic piece?
Yep, I found that out when I drove it after. The front collision icon on the dash would illuminate, also rendering my cruise useless. I took it off and drilled new holes in my license plate to fit where the existing holes were for the license plate bracket and bent my plate accordingly at the angle of the lower bumper. I don’t like where Nissan decided to put the front plate bracket because it jutts out far and low, negates the purpose of a skid. She’s all good now tho, holes were so small on the plastic piece that you can’t even tell.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,148 Posts
I'd almost consider one of those hideaway plate holders, I hate front plates especially on a brand new vehicle. We are stuck with them where I live.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks awesome! Mine is a similar story, fell in love with a loaded Boulder Gray Pro-4X and pulled the trigger. Would love to know what kit you end up going with for the 2.5" lift, I plan on doing the same but there's a lot of ways to achieve this apparently, trying to figure out what's best for me. Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well after a lot of research, I’m going with the Nisstec 4” MKII kit and 295’s. I’m on the 2022 frontier pro-4x Facebook page and a dude on there did the kit. It looks amazing and the owner knows his ****.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-X
12 Posts
Well after a lot of research, I’m going with the Nisstec 4” MKII kit and 295’s. I’m on the 2022 frontier pro-4x Facebook page and a dude on there did the kit. It looks amazing and the owner knows his ****.
Do you have a link to the facebook page I would like to check it out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-X
12 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts