Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's best nerf bars to buy for 2019 frontier crew cab. What fits the best with out having to change anything. Tried ionic but couldn't get bracket to fit without undoing wiring harness on passenger side front.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Do you off road? Do you want something durable and protection or just for looks?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Most nerf bars that attach to the body are very thin wall steel that will rust and fail in a couple years. You're better off with a true nerf bar/slider made of real steel that bolts to the frame and will last a long time. Hefty Fabworks, Shrockworks, White Knuckle and others make them, you'll pay a premium but you'll get something that works, will last, and offer real protection and durability.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Great truck
872 Posts
Do the second gens not come new with steps, like the first gen crew cabs did?

The factory stuff is well made and lasts. Someone took the factory ones off my truck, before i got it so i have been trying to locate some close enough to pick up in person because all the other first gens around me still have theirs and they look great, Even though we are a coastal city

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2nd gen came with them. This spring (abt 128,000 miles of New England/New York/New Jersey living) one finally corroded through at the bracket mount point so I ditched them both. I like the look w/out — truck looks taller — but I’ll probably spring for some stainless steel replacements eventually. Seems like you can find them in the 150-300 range on CarID, for example.

·
Registered
Great truck
872 Posts
yes, I have seen them for pretty cheap online. if I don't find some stock ones soon, I will get some off the web. I think they will help with not tearing up the seat bolster so much. right now, when I get out, I have to step down pretty far so I slide out and down at the same time and I can feel that outer thigh bolster being pushed around a lot. I figure those steps will keep that from happening because I can swing my left leg onto it and then step to the ground, hopefully saving my seat bolster

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Either pay the dealer tax and get oem steps, or get propper nerf bars. White knuckle offroad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts