Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah that was pretty funny.

As far as values. Either way I have about the same equity after a couple years. Either in the truck or in the cheaper truck and more cash. It could be argued that the newer one will depreciate more faster than the older one but that is so hard to guess now. Either way, I’d rather the newer one so I’m not paying a note, however short the term, on a much older vehicle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Let me say, as someone who chimed in in favor of the older truck- it sounds like you definitely made the right decision for you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Let me say, as someone who chimed in in favor of the older truck- it sounds like you definitely made the right decision for you.

Thanks. I do appreciate the input also.

Still waiting though. The dealership that has it had a roof cave in and they are having trouble getting a hold of them, I understand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, the silver one is sold. They found a black one they can get me for the same price. Love black but so hard to keep clean. I found a grey and a white that’s a little farther. They going to call about those today.

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
What yr again?
Grey = Brilliant Silver or Gun Metallic?

There are certainly a ton of silver and white vehicles on the roads these days. Will agree w/ others that silver hides dirt like no other color.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
2018. Brand new. Gun metallic.

My choice order is white then gun metallic. Then a long third to silver then close behind that is black.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I’m sorry. Was 2017’s. The 18’s don’t have as much rebate. And since the goal here is to pay off quickly, that extra isn’t within my deal with myself.

So, that said, I have a black 17 pro 4x that should be here tomorrow. If early enough, I’ll pick it up tomorrow.

I him hawed around awhile unsure. Then I remembered that the only reason I didn’t look at the midnight edition sv 4x4, which i would have bought in a heartbeat, was because it didn’t have the fosgate. So that sealed it. As far as looking dirty, well, I pass a car wash every day on the way to and from work. I can do that regular. It’ll get a 2x a year polish and wax. Beyond that, I have two other hot rods for looking pretty. Hahaha!

Thanks everyone for your input. It was valued and actually made the decision process harder (which means it was good opinion).

Now, I sold a few minor parts off my mustang already so I have the money in PayPal for the hitch and harness! After i pay off the motor and trans I ordered for my 33 Ford, I’ll look at a small lift and some bigger tires. Maybe even some pre-14 wheels since I do like those better.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad you finally got one. I did that same kind of dealer run around when I was buying my truck. I'd find one that was perfect, call about it, and then it would get sold before I could get over there, even when they were supposedly holding it for me! Lol.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sounds irrelevant but back in the day I seem to remember a lot of "Build Quality " issues around the '13 MY. That was when they ramped up production @ the new plant and it seems like a lot of rattle & other complaints surfaced around that time? I'm in agreement with the freshest fart in the seat comment. Buy New if you can!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, it got to the dealership last night. I was going to go get it but I didn’t have the approval letter from my credit union. So Monday morning it is, I guess.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts