Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X King Cab
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2014 Pro-4X King Cab.

I'd like to put a tonneau cover on it and I'm looking for recommendations from those who have them.

I'm leaning more toward a retractable model just for the convenience, but would consider other styles if they're equally as functional. I would prefer one that locks, but not absolutely necessary.

I've read in reviews that some of the tonneau covers flap around and make a lot of noise at highway speeds. I'll definitely want to avoid that.

Let me know what brand and style you've got and how it's working for you. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the extang solid fold 2.0 and love it. The key thing for me is I was not willing to sacrifice bed height for anything flush mounted. The only downside is the gasket for the cab side wall is crap (foam tape applied to truck to seal the gap between the bed wall and tonneau cover seal). I ended up removing the included gasket and replaced with an automotive style rubber gasket. There is some leakage, but nothing to crazy. Also, the cover is really easy to remove fully.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve got an order on the way for a Gator FX. Supposed to be similar to the BakFlips. I’m also modifying the tailgate lock mechanism to lock with the power locks.

·
Super Moderator
10,580 Posts
I HAVE THIS. BAKflip MX4. It came with the truck, I didn't pick it out.
But it's good, solid, and quiet.
The gate needs to be opened first to open the cover, so it locks in that manner.
My nephew is in the auto accessories business for a number of years, he said the Bakflip MX4 is his best selling cover which is why I’ve owned them on my current and last truck. It is a quality item.

Clint

Reactions: RamTest

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just installed the Truxedo truxport roll up tonneau. I liked the easy of opening and closing, installation was easy and whole cover can be removed in like 5 min if need be.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just installed a Diamondback SE. They aren't cheap, but neither are the BakFlips or retractables. Diamondbacks are a lot sturdier, Plus you have access to the front of the bed. The gas struts on the panels easily un-clip so the panels can be folded flat, or removed entirely.

Reactions: Kneesawn85-00-16

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
85 Posts
Can't go wrong with Truxedo Soft roll up tonneau covers if you make full use of the bed regularly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got a 2014 Pro-4X King Cab.

I'd like to put a tonneau cover on it and I'm looking for recommendations from those who have them.

I'm leaning more toward a retractable model just for the convenience, but would consider other styles if they're equally as functional. I would prefer one that locks, but not absolutely necessary.

I've read in reviews that some of the tonneau covers flap around and make a lot of noise at highway speeds. I'll definitely want to avoid that.

Let me know what brand and style you've got and how it's working for you. Thanks.
Tyger t3 for 189.00 on Amazon. Took me 10 minutes to install. Love it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've had both the TonneauPro on previous Frontiers and the Trifecta 2 on my current Pro-4X. Both have been great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the Truxedo X15 off of Amazon a month or so ago. It was a little pricey for a roll up at $350, but its super low profile, has a canvas rather than a vinyl look, and the roll up assembly clips out if you don't want to keep it in the bed. It also retains full use of the utiltrack and the bed extender. All in all, I'm extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just changed my Tyger soft rollup to this Bak X4 Revolver aluminum rollup! Looooove it!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I had/have an Undercover original tonneau and it worked well, but since it’s a hard shell cover it did limit what you could put in the bed. Pretty easily removable though.
I no longer use as I got a truck cap.

Reactions: Kneesawn85-00-16

·
Registered
140 Posts
I really like my Leer. Love that it unlocks from either side instead of most having to unlock it on both sides. This is my second one and they both Been great. Tonneau

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X King Cab
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I HAVE THIS. BAKflip MX4. It came with the truck, I didn't pick it out.
But it's good, solid, and quiet.
The gate needs to be opened first to open the cover, so it locks in that manner.
Nice! One question:

Can you unfold just one or two sections and drive with it in that position?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,949 Posts
I'm quite happy with my BAKFlip F1.
I lose about 6.5" of space above the bed but short items will fit under, when it's folded all the way up against the cab and it's secured in place with arms that lift to and against the bottom side of the cover.
20201122_200744.jpg
20201122_200017.jpg

It also can be driven with the cover folded down one and locked in place with the nylon straps with plastic lock assembly.
20201122_195823-1.jpg
20201122_195907.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts