Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking to get some subs for my 2017 CC, and I previously had two 12” JBL’s in my last car. Picked up this truck about 6 months ago and it’s time for an upgrade. I’m having issues finding an enclosure that will hold two 12’s, but I’m not sure if two 12’s would sound any good in that small of a space (under the back seat) not to mention I’m having trouble finding a sealed box for two 12’s that fit under the backseat. Would it just be better to go with two 10’s, how much of a sarifice is it with the 10’s over the 12’s? Would standard 10 and 12’s even fit under the seat? I feel like I’m overwhelmed trying to find the solution for this truck, I just need some insight, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
No 12's. No room. Unless you build some impractical custom enclosure that eats up leg room by sticking out from under the rear seats. But IMO this is dumb, as you compromise the utility of the vehicle simply to fit a speaker in it that is too big to begin with.

The max you can fit under the rear seats with what's available is 2x 10" subs, no more than 4.36" mounting depth (assuming enclosure is built with 5/8" MDF).

Not sure why you're overwhelmed - as there's only a few prefab under seat enclosures available for the crew cab Frontier. Try typing "crew cab subwoofer" in the search box above to see what's out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No 12's. No room. Unless you build some impractical custom enclosure that eats up leg room by sticking out from under the rear seats. But IMO this is dumb, as you compromise the utility of the vehicle simply to fit a speaker in it that is too big to begin with.

The max you can fit under the rear seats with what's available is 2x 10" subs, no more than 4.36" mounting depth (assuming enclosure is built with 5/8" MDF).

Not sure why you're overwhelmed - as there's only a few prefab under seat enclosures available for the crew cab Frontier. Try typing "crew cab subwoofer" in the search box above to see what's out there.
Thank you, I appreciate your help!

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed a fox box, and a brutal sounds mini brute 12" in my crew cab over the weekend. The fox box comes cut out for a 10, but there's another "template" line around it that allows you to cut out the diameter to allow a 12 to fit. Finding the right mounting depth is the issue, and the mini brute fit PERFECT.
It's 600w RMS and paired with my Kicker 600.1 amp. This thing gets very loud. Not competition loud, but it gets down. I've had plenty of loud audio systems, American Bass, Treo, Kicker, etc and this one is right up there with them. My brother has the same box in his Equator but stuck with a 10" Skar sub, and it sounds pretty decent as well. Not quite as loud as my 12.

The box is ported, 1.75cf and is a little pricey at $230 shipped but worth every penny.

As far as I know, there is no 2 - 12's box available or one that works. There may be a sealed version, but I'm a ported guy.

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
How about a link to the box, that would help.

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
LOL there's no picture of the box itself...

·
Registered
17 Posts
The website is pretty low key with their pictures. I found this on the frontier facebook group, and gave it a shot. It's a fantastic looking box. I could toss a few pictures up if necessary, or one could probably find something on facebook or google pretty simply.
It's an option, and likely the best option for the CC people looking to get somewhat loud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I stole these pics quick from FB, however this was the guy that got me looking into them. If anyone is interested I could grab photos of the box in my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts