Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Need some BOOM

11K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  BudgetBadA$$ 
#1 ·
So I'm a bit spoiled from my last ride. I had (still do) to 12s sustaining just over 700watts just for them through a dedicated amp. Not crazy competition numbers but WAY more than enough to rattle the windows on my kia soul. I've got a crew cab but also have to toddlers so the old "fold up the seats and drop her in" trick wont work. I've noticed a lot of under-the-seat units that use downfiring? subs. No idea what this means in terms of performance

2019 SV crew cab

#3 ·
The prefab down firing enclosures available for the crew cab have the most room (depth), and direct the bass forward at floor level through a pseudo-port formed between the enclosure and the cabin floor. The prefab up-firing have less depth and aim the bass straight into a metal plate under your rear passenger seat cushions.

I prefer the down-firing, mine has a pair of JL Audio 10TW-1's.

#4 ·
So I guess the next question is how many watts can I push out of the stock alternator on a V6? I think I read that it's a 130 amp alternator so I should be able to run my existing setup no problem if I just re-house my 12's (cheaper than buying a whole new setup)

#5 ·
Stock alternator for current V6 Frontiers is 130-amp, but that's peak - not constant, and not at idle. Idle is around 80-amps... subtract about 20 from engine systems, you're playing with roughly 60-amps (HVAC off, no lights).

Add up the fuse ratings in your audio components (amps, processors, anything that has a fuse) to get a rough estimate of what it needs.

#6 ·
I put a Rockford sub in about 8 months ago and have been nothing but happy with it since. It hits pretty good especially for the price and it fits pretty well under the passenger side rear seat after pulling out the storage tray. A link to the sub I have installed is below:

Reactions: RobFrisco415
#8 ·
It fits pretty well. I just put the rough side of Velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding and it has pick and pull foam I had laying around on top on either side of the woofer so the seat compressed it and holds it all in place. I can give more details and pics after work if wanted.

Attachments

#15 ·
Im in contact with a high quality enclosure company .. Im sending them my storage units to help them get started on making a box for me. It will be their first of the line for frontiers. Hopefully they are willing to pit in the time to do it because their boxes are reallllly nice. They do custom panels colors etc. I just recently bought a 2019 cc and will start logging my build soon. Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing some of their boxes.

#29 ·
What specifics did you ask about? single or dual? 10", 12", etc.? Sealed or ported?

At one point I was already drawing out a custom box that could support 2x10" subs, followed the contour of the bottom seat cushion (I hate how all the current prefabs have a giant corner of the box sticking out from under the seat on both sides)... but I never got around to seeing it through

#30 ·
Yes, you're snippy. Nobody is misinterpreting anything via text. I've scrolled past other posts where you come off as bitter and snarky. Then this one. You commented about not having a link so I provided one, then made a comment about not even having a picture on their site so I provided several. Then "because its upfiring" you dissapeared. People act sarcastic and godly, then play the "oh, you cant assume I'm being a particular way through text." Yes, we can.

I tried to help by commenting and introducing people to a speaker box that's loud as hell, (for a single sub) looks gorgeous and is something not a lot of frontier owners have heard of. I've heard the cheap ebay double boxes and singles in these trucks. They sound awful.

You should be cooler with people. Regardless of your veteran status. Theres a reason forums die.

Have a snickers and go troll some other posts. Or dont, I'm heading back to the frontier facebook groups.

#31 ·
Yes, you're snippy. Nobody is misinterpreting anything via text. I've scrolled past other posts where you come off as bitter and snarky. Then this one. You commented about not having a link so I provided one, then made a comment about not even having a picture on their site so I provided several. Then "because its upfiring" you dissapeared. People act sarcastic and godly, then play the "oh, you cant assume I'm being a particular way through text." Yes, we can.

I tried to help by commenting and introducing people to a speaker box that's loud as hell, (for a single sub) looks gorgeous and is something not a lot of frontier owners have heard of. I've heard the cheap ebay double boxes and singles in these trucks. They sound awful.

You should be cooler with people. Regardless of your veteran status. Theres a reason forums die.

Have a snickers and go troll some other posts. Or dont, I'm heading back to the frontier facebook groups.
You say I'm "snippy", "bitter", and "snarky" and imply that I might be one of the "reasons why forums die"...
but who's the one acting like they know someone by reviewing some previous posts? Who's the one being all over-sensitive just because someone didn't like their forum post and stopped replying? Who's the one calling someone a "troll" and ending their rant with "whaaa I'm going back to Facebook Groups"? LOL C'mon man, relax. It's not a big deal, move on.

Yes, you can assume all you want. Doesn't mean you're right. :unsure:

And that second Fantastic Four movie sucked HAHAHA

#35 ·
Gotta love those forum fights. Anyways, I know I want a sealed unit, are all of these gonna be ported? As to knocking off rear view mirrors, I got 2 more on the side ???. I like the look of that fox box but I'm trying to run 2 12s if I can

#36 ·
it was never a fight. lol

It will take some magic to (maybe) fit 2 12's under the seats, simply based on the limited physical room available + the irregular shape required to make an enclosure that fits completely underneath the rear seats. And that doesn't even take into consideration that if you can get a pair of 12's to fit, will the enclosure actually have enough internal volume for the 12's to do what they're meant to do.

Two 10's are more realistic since it's already done, but can be done much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.