Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just started browsing this site around a month ago after i bought my truck, then i just joined yesterday. I plan on logging my build as i go . Awesome having these guys' builds logged to look at for help and inspiration.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can’t wait. I’m just missing that thump. I don’t want a thunderous boom or shaking the $hit out of my rear view mirror til it falls off. Kind of like when you add a good sound bar/sub combo to a TV. It compliments it.
Any of the regular sealed crew cab boxes they make on ebay/Amazon provide good clarity and good sound. This fox box I got gets pretty loud and makes mirrors move.

The finish and detail that goes into that box was enough for me to buy, a ported enclosure built to the spec of most 600 watt rms subs was also the cookie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about you just say what company...
Give me some time and I will
Any of the regular sealed crew cab boxes they make on ebay/Amazon provide good clarity and good sound. This fox box I got gets pretty loud and makes mirrors move.

The finish and detail that goes into that box was enough for me to buy, a ported enclosure built to the spec of most 600 watt rms subs was also the cookie.
That box looks nice..that was the ONLY site that i could find that made a full seat box for my truck. But it didnt have a picture of the actual box? Crazy to me, but after seeing yours, that is the best prefab option ive seen forsure.

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
Why are you so snippy and surly with people? Good god, you were all over me until I posted pictures and a link and then poof, you disappeared. You told the original poster nothing exists like you have all the answers for everything, and a couple people come along with insight and actual products and you start chasing them around.
What's your deal?
I'm not snippy.
Read the thread again - the first few replies I was answering the OP's questions.
Yeah I saw your pics, the moment I saw that they were up-firing I lost interest. That's it.
I never said I had all the answers for everything.
Stop being so over-sensitive.

How about I don't want to ruin the relationship before the box is made.
I messaged the company on instagram and asked about having a box made. They havnt done one for a frontier yet so they asked for some measurements and pics. So after I sent those they said it would be difficult to do without having the truck there and asked if I would be willing to send them the storage compartments ; and if they could figure out something nice they would give me a deal on the first model. I was thinking maybe i should run it by them before putting it out on here .
Ruin the relationship how? It was just a question. You reply like it's some super secret and you don't want anyone to take it from you or something

--------------------

Both of you, I have no problem with you two. But you both need to take forum comments as they are written, not as you think or assume they sound.
GLHF with the subwoofer stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No super secret here raine..i want to share like everyone else..just waiting on their reply. There isnt a gaurantee that they will make it a new line..im sure they will but i figured id ask them if they minded if i shared first.

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
What specifics did you ask about? single or dual? 10", 12", etc.? Sealed or ported?

At one point I was already drawing out a custom box that could support 2x10" subs, followed the contour of the bottom seat cushion (I hate how all the current prefabs have a giant corner of the box sticking out from under the seat on both sides)... but I never got around to seeing it through

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, you're snippy. Nobody is misinterpreting anything via text. I've scrolled past other posts where you come off as bitter and snarky. Then this one. You commented about not having a link so I provided one, then made a comment about not even having a picture on their site so I provided several. Then "because its upfiring" you dissapeared. People act sarcastic and godly, then play the "oh, you cant assume I'm being a particular way through text." Yes, we can.

I tried to help by commenting and introducing people to a speaker box that's loud as hell, (for a single sub) looks gorgeous and is something not a lot of frontier owners have heard of. I've heard the cheap ebay double boxes and singles in these trucks. They sound awful.

You should be cooler with people. Regardless of your veteran status. Theres a reason forums die.

Have a snickers and go troll some other posts. Or dont, I'm heading back to the frontier facebook groups.

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
Yes, you're snippy. Nobody is misinterpreting anything via text. I've scrolled past other posts where you come off as bitter and snarky. Then this one. You commented about not having a link so I provided one, then made a comment about not even having a picture on their site so I provided several. Then "because its upfiring" you dissapeared. People act sarcastic and godly, then play the "oh, you cant assume I'm being a particular way through text." Yes, we can.

I tried to help by commenting and introducing people to a speaker box that's loud as hell, (for a single sub) looks gorgeous and is something not a lot of frontier owners have heard of. I've heard the cheap ebay double boxes and singles in these trucks. They sound awful.

You should be cooler with people. Regardless of your veteran status. Theres a reason forums die.

Have a snickers and go troll some other posts. Or dont, I'm heading back to the frontier facebook groups.
You say I'm "snippy", "bitter", and "snarky" and imply that I might be one of the "reasons why forums die"...
but who's the one acting like they know someone by reviewing some previous posts? Who's the one being all over-sensitive just because someone didn't like their forum post and stopped replying? Who's the one calling someone a "troll" and ending their rant with "whaaa I'm going back to Facebook Groups"? LOL C'mon man, relax. It's not a big deal, move on.

Yes, you can assume all you want. Doesn't mean you're right. :unsure:

And that second Fantastic Four movie sucked HAHAHA

·
Registered
8 Posts
What specifics did you ask about? single or dual? 10", 12", etc.? Sealed or ported?

At one point I was already drawing out a custom box that could support 2x10" subs, followed the contour of the bottom seat cushion (I hate how all the current prefabs have a giant corner of the box sticking out from under the seat on both sides)... but I never got around to seeing it through
All ibhave done as far as that goes is told them the subs that i would ideally use. "So i would ideally like to use this one 13TW5v2. Or if we have to one of these 12TW3-D4, 10TW3-D4. Those are all JL audio. If none of those will work i would be open to another option."

·
Registered
8 Posts
They just said it would be fine. And to ask them to be patient. LoL.. It is frost bite audio enclosures at frost bite box.com Check them out and lets hope.

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
All ibhave done as far as that goes is told them the subs that i would ideally use. "So i would ideally like to use this one 13TW5v2. Or if we have to one of these 12TW3-D4, 10TW3-D4. Those are all JL audio. If none of those will work i would be open to another option."
Those JL's you named should be fine, they're all shallow-mount.

I like this https://frostbitebox.com/product/fb150-dual-storage/ except for the up-firing part, but those F-150's might have more room on top than our Frontiers do.

If they can make something that fits a 10TW-1, that would be impressive (considering the space available).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Gotta love those forum fights. Anyways, I know I want a sealed unit, are all of these gonna be ported? As to knocking off rear view mirrors, I got 2 more on the side 😂😂😂. I like the look of that fox box but I'm trying to run 2 12s if I can

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
Gotta love those forum fights. Anyways, I know I want a sealed unit, are all of these gonna be ported? As to knocking off rear view mirrors, I got 2 more on the side 😂😂😂. I like the look of that fox box but I'm trying to run 2 12s if I can
it was never a fight. lol

It will take some magic to (maybe) fit 2 12's under the seats, simply based on the limited physical room available + the irregular shape required to make an enclosure that fits completely underneath the rear seats. And that doesn't even take into consideration that if you can get a pair of 12's to fit, will the enclosure actually have enough internal volume for the 12's to do what they're meant to do.

Two 10's are more realistic since it's already done, but can be done much better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
it was never a fight. lol

It will take some magic to (maybe) fit 2 12's under the seats, simply based on the limited physical room available + the irregular shape required to make an enclosure that fits completely underneath the rear seats. And that doesn't even take into consideration that if you can get a pair of 12's to fit, will the enclosure actually have enough internal volume for the 12's to do what they're meant to do.

Two 10's are more realistic since it's already done, but can be done much better.
Reason being, I've already got a setup with 2 12s. If that's the case, I could always go to one and just turn the amp down. I'd have to check on resistance and all that but should be ok.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts