Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a bit spoiled from my last ride. I had (still do) to 12s sustaining just over 700watts just for them through a dedicated amp. Not crazy competition numbers but WAY more than enough to rattle the windows on my kia soul. I've got a crew cab but also have to toddlers so the old "fold up the seats and drop her in" trick wont work. I've noticed a lot of under-the-seat units that use downfiring? subs. No idea what this means in terms of performance

2019 SV crew cab

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a prefab box under my rear seat with 2 down firing 8"s and it is more than enough for me. It is not going to equal what you had with 2 12"s in a Soul, but it does get pretty loud.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
The prefab down firing enclosures available for the crew cab have the most room (depth), and direct the bass forward at floor level through a pseudo-port formed between the enclosure and the cabin floor. The prefab up-firing have less depth and aim the bass straight into a metal plate under your rear passenger seat cushions.

I prefer the down-firing, mine has a pair of JL Audio 10TW-1's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess the next question is how many watts can I push out of the stock alternator on a V6? I think I read that it's a 130 amp alternator so I should be able to run my existing setup no problem if I just re-house my 12's (cheaper than buying a whole new setup)

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
Stock alternator for current V6 Frontiers is 130-amp, but that's peak - not constant, and not at idle. Idle is around 80-amps... subtract about 20 from engine systems, you're playing with roughly 60-amps (HVAC off, no lights).

Add up the fuse ratings in your audio components (amps, processors, anything that has a fuse) to get a rough estimate of what it needs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I put a Rockford sub in about 8 months ago and have been nothing but happy with it since. It hits pretty good especially for the price and it fits pretty well under the passenger side rear seat after pulling out the storage tray. A link to the sub I have installed is below:

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
I put a Rockford sub in about 8 months ago and have been nothing but happy with it since. It hits pretty good especially for the price and it fits pretty well under the passenger side rear seat after pulling out the storage tray. A link to the sub I have installed is below:

Does it fit all the way under, or is it sticking out beyond the seat cushion? How about a pic

·
Registered
187 Posts
It fits pretty well. I just put the rough side of Velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding and it has pick and pull foam I had laying around on top on either side of the woofer so the seat compressed it and holds it all in place. I can give more details and pics after work if wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I stole these pics quick from FB, however this was the guy that got me looking into them. If anyone is interested I could grab photos of the box in my truck.

·
Registered
568 Posts

I have a few powered subs earmarked for a later upgrade. So it’s not truly mounted to the floor and did you place the sub in downfiring or up? I’m confused as to how it has “breathing room”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im in contact with a high quality enclosure company .. Im sending them my storage units to help them get started on making a box for me. It will be their first of the line for frontiers. Hopefully they are willing to pit in the time to do it because their boxes are reallllly nice. They do custom panels colors etc. I just recently bought a 2019 cc and will start logging my build soon. Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing some of their boxes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about you just say what company...
Why are you so snippy and surly with people? Good god, you were all over me until I posted pictures and a link and then poof, you disappeared. You told the original poster nothing exists like you have all the answers for everything, and a couple people come along with insight and actual products and you start chasing them around.
What's your deal?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a few powered subs earmarked for a later upgrade. So it’s not truly mounted to the floor and did you place the sub in downfiring or up? I’m confused as to how it has “breathing room”.
It has a small port that faces towards the center of the rear seats and blows right on the subs in the factory location. There is a solid 12" between the two boxes.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It has a small port that faces towards the center of the rear seats and blows right on the subs in the factory location. There is a solid 12" between the two boxes.
I can’t wait. I’m just missing that thump. I don’t want a thunderous boom or shaking the $hit out of my rear view mirror til it falls off. Kind of like when you add a good sound bar/sub combo to a TV. It compliments it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about
How about I don't want to ruin the relationship before the box is made.
I messaged the company on instagram and asked about having a box made. They havnt done one for a frontier yet so they asked for some measurements and pics. So after I sent those they said it would be difficult to do without having the truck there and asked if I would be willing to send them the storage compartments ; and if they could figure out something nice they would give me a deal on the first model. I was thinking maybe i should run it by them before putting it out on here .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts