Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought this vehicle from a private party and just discovered that the only jacking tool in the vehicle is the lug wrench. I seem to find lots of items on the Internet for 2005 and up, Does anybody know if there was a change in the jack tool set that would preclude me getting one of the later year replacements?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know about the jack, but EVERYTHING else changed from '04 to '05.

·
Admin
3,360 Posts
I lent my 2nd gen tool set to a friend at work and he used it to lower his spare on his 1st gen.

Unfortunately, I don't know if the jack is the same or not.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
If storage using the stock jack mount is not a priority for you, you could get a small universal hydraulic jack with wheels for about $25. You need to get correct tool to lower the spare tire though. It think some trucks like my '98 Frontier had one-piece rod while my daughter's 98 Pathfinder uses a hinged one. My 2004 Frontier King Cab is 100 miles away, and can't remember for that.

When we got the '98 Frontier at 100K miles, it did not have a lug wrench or stock scissors jack, and we bought those at dealership reasonable. Don't have any idea why those were missing.

I'd also recommend to all here: Keep a block of wood in the truck, you might just need that for extra height in a tire emergency !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the responses. I did locate a source for the special tool to lower the spare. I will be ordering a universal jack separately.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
Per NissanPartsDeal.com:

Tool set (bag & crowbar/lug wrench): 99501-8B600 $38.70
Rod-jack handle: 99552-3B300 $17.83
Jack: 99550-3S500 $168.60 (limited availability) Fitting Vehicle Options: KC. KA24DE
Jack: 99550-1Z600 $168.60 (limited availability) Fitting Vehicle Options: KC. VG33E + CC. SB + CC. XB

*Note: "Limited availability" can mean that there is a few available or that it is no longer available.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I will be ordering a universal jack separately.
I also remember that the factory jack for my daughter's '98 Pathfinder did break when she tried to use it. So she carries a small universal hydraulic jack and a block of wood in that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts