Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I'm not really a big fan of the step bars but if I had to make a choice I would get the Westin Oval Bars, because of the lower profile look to them and they are straight (no curved ends). Of course it looks like they are the most expensive as well! 8)

You may also want to checkout www.yournissanparts.com since they are a site sponsor and clubfrontier members do get a discount I believe.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I got & i like the stock ones from Nissan.They will fit with no problems with no minor modification needed like some aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I know for a fact that Okiescot, a member of this forum has the manik and they bolt up to the factory location and they look good. I also like the westin ovals, they got a different shape. Either one you would not go wrong.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
As gfronty05 said, I have the Manik polished ss nerf bars. They do have the curves on the ends, but to me that lets them stick out a little farther so it is easier to get in and out of the truck and still not looked tacked on. The factory bars have the same curvature as the Maniks.

I had the factory nerf bars when I got my truck, but I like the polished look and the Maniks are much stronger looking than the factory bars. If you get the factory bars be
careful to not tighten the mounting bolts too much or you will strip them. They screw into aluminum nuts fixed into the bars.

The Manik nerf bars bolted up with no trouble. I am not very mechanically inclined and I was able to mount and align them by myself.

I have been very pleased with the looks and the quality of the Maniks. no problem with them and I have had them on for a little over 6 months. You can seee mine at:
www.picturetrail.com/okiescot.

OkieScot

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you have a King Cab, you can have my stock Nissan bars for $200.

I am assuming you live in Sacramento? If so I will even deliver them, or meet halfway.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
step or nerf bars are evil things. they were invented by a cabal of drycleaners
to keep your pant legs dirty....and themselves rich. :D :wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
outlnder,

Thanks for the offer, I have a CC not KC. Anyone live in Sacramento or surrounding area that have a pair of stock step rails for 05' CC that want to sell? I'm interested.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I've decided to go with the stock. Pick one up yesterday and took me 1/2 hour to put it in. No modification needed and so simple to install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts