Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I put a 2.5 in leveling spacer on my struts and when I go over extreme bumps it hits the upper strut assembly.

does anyone know if a 2 inch gives it the clearance it needs for that not to happen?

I also have an Equator but that part of the truck is all Nissan, the struts I removed had a nissan sticker on them.

ANY HELP would be appreciated

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need different upper control arms

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Thanks for that, but I am not even sure where to get those that would be modified.

I would still be curious of the 2 inch lifts.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Don't take this wrong, sounds like you're doing mods without a lot of knowledge. Contact Nisstec Lifts, PRG or All Dogs and they will be very happy to help you with advice or parts recommendations. All 3 sell new upper control arms better suited for lifted vehicles.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
For the 2nd gen, a 2 inch lift will work (if that's part of your question). The upper control arms I'd recommend areade by SPC, a Colorado company. They also have an adjustable ball joint so that you can get the alignment done up correctly after the lift. They're somewhat pricy compared to the cost of a spacer lift, but they are super solid and totally worth it.

FYI, if you go with aftermarket control arms, a lot of the ball joints do not have grease in them, so you have to do that before driving them. They all have zerk fittings. If you have a shop do it, just make sure they put grease in our you can have a ball joint failure.

Good luck! Post a picture of the truck so we can see what you're working with.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi All

I put a 2.5 in leveling spacer on my struts and when I go over extreme bumps it hits the upper strut assembly.

does anyone know if a 2 inch gives it the clearance it needs for that not to happen?

I also have an Equator but that part of the truck is all Nissan, the struts I removed had a nissan sticker on them.

It sounds like you are willing to live with the lack of down travel so here is a quick solution to reducing the sound and damage from the upper control arm making contact with the coil bucket. Cheap rubber bump stops, washers, and wingnuts...This was posted by myself many years ago before the site forced a name change.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hi All

Read this thread, lots of things for you to learn that can answer your questions already:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts