Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a set of rear fox shocks with reservoir looking to find out how would I measure the rear is stock would I measure from eye hole to eye hole or collapsed and extended thanks

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Remove the rear shocks so they are fully extended, then measure eye-to-eye.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank Raine trying to find some fox with resi but didn’t know how to measure really appreciate the help

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you buy generic, off the shelf Fox Shocks they won't fit the Frontier because of the lower mount. The Frontier uses an abnormal mount diameter and width. You either need to order Fox Shocks specifically made for the Frontier, which I believe comes in 0-2" lift height, or get new shock mounts welded to your axle.

Any reason you aren't looking at the Bilstein 5160 or 5165s? They have remote reservoirs and a lot of nissan parts vendors sell them.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
If you buy generic, off the shelf Fox Shocks they won't fit the Frontier because of the lower mount. The Frontier uses an abnormal mount diameter and width. You either need to order Fox Shocks specifically made for the Frontier, which I believe comes in 0-2" lift height, or get new shock mounts welded to your axle.

Any reason you aren't looking at the Bilstein 5160 or 5165s? They have remote reservoirs and a lot of nissan parts vendors sell them.
Because the Fox rear shocks made for Frontier fitment aren't resi... so they don't look as cool LOL :p

Realistically though, the rear shocks sit inboard of the frame rails; no one will see the resi unless they lay down on the ground behind your truck. It's not like Tacoma's with the rear shocks outside of the frame rails.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Because the Fox rear shocks made for Frontier fitment aren't resi... so they don't look as cool LOL :p

Realistically though, the rear shocks sit inboard of the frame rails; no one will see the resi unless they lay down on the ground behind your truck. It's not like Tacoma's with the rear shocks outside of the frame rails.
[/QUOTE ]

Looks are always very important !!! 🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts