Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck changed what it does when locked/unlocked

It is suppose to:
UNLOCK: lights flash, interior lights up, cargo light comes on, and doors unlock
LOCK: lights flash, interior lights cut off, horn honks, and doors lock

this is what it is doing
UNLOCK: no light flash, no interior lights coming on, cargo light does come one, and the doors do unlock
LOCK: lights flash, no horn honk, and doors lock

It started doing this about two weeks ago and I dunno why. I changed the remote battery and reset the battery in the truck. That did nothing.

If anyone can provide ANY info on how to switch it back it would be highly appreciated. I am trying to avoid the dealer. I hate going there for anything and prefer to fix it myself.

Thanks
-Joey

·
Registered
602 Posts
well with mine if you hold down lock and unlock at the same time it will cut off the honk while locking. i cut off the honk.
but i still think my interior lights still come on when i unlock not sure but you could try that hold down lock and unlock and see if that does anything

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well with mine if you hold down lock and unlock at the same time it will cut off the honk while locking. i cut off the honk.
but i still think my interior lights still come on when i unlock not sure but you could try that hold down lock and unlock and see if that does anything
I will try that in the A.M.

I mainly wants the horn back and the flashing flights when the truck is unlocked

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you have your owner's manual? The instructions for changing it are in there. I change modes accidentally every now and then too.

Here, I found it for you: http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/2008-Nissan-Frontier.pdf

Silencing the horn beep feature
If desired, the horn beep feature can be deactivated
using the keyfob.
To deactivate: Press and hold the LOCK
and UNLOCK buttons for at least 2 seconds.
The hazard warning lights will flash three times to
confirm that the horn beep feature has been
deactivated.
To activate: Press and hold the LOCK
and UNLOCK buttons for at least 2 seconds
once more.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have your owner's manual? The instructions for changing it are in there. I change modes accidentally every now and then too.

Here, I found it for you: http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/2008-Nissan-Frontier.pdf

Silencing the horn beep feature
If desired, the horn beep feature can be deactivated
using the keyfob.
To deactivate: Press and hold the LOCK
and UNLOCK buttons for at least 2 seconds.
The hazard warning lights will flash three times to
confirm that the horn beep feature has been
deactivated.
To activate: Press and hold the LOCK
and UNLOCK buttons for at least 2 seconds
once more.
yeah I will try it in the a.m. I wonder if it will fix my lights too

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Did this work for you?

The lights flashing, and interior lighting cause me to think something else might be going on.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Try resetting the ECM.. Disconnect the Batt. ground cable and touch the Pos. cable for 5 sec.

OP, did you have to do the immobilizer recall? is so take it back to the dealer...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try resetting the ECM.. Disconnect the Batt. ground cable and touch the Pos. cable for 5 sec.

OP, did you have to do the immobilizer recall? is so take it back to the dealer...
I am about try it now...

I have not had my truck in for any recalls or anything along those lines

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good to know, my kid was messing around with my key fob over a year ago and I lost the honk when locking, too. I keep meaning to look up the directions but I never think of it until I go to lock my truck, and when that happens I'm walking away from my truck, where my manual resides... haha!!

On another note... Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the panic alarm on the fob? I always lean on my keys when I'm getting my kids in the truck and it drives me crazy... it's especially annoying when the panic alarm goes off in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
On another note... Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the panic alarm on the fob? I always lean on my keys when I'm getting my kids in the truck and it drives me crazy... it's especially annoying when the panic alarm goes off in the garage.
I think if you open your fob up you can use a razor blade to trim down the little rubber nub that presses on the sensor to set the panic off.

Edit: Here's a link that says the same thing http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/panic-button-key-fob-5188/

·
Registered
890 Posts
sounds like its in valet mode

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already fixed it, it was the simple fix of holding down the two keys.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
,,,this is what it is doing
UNLOCK: no light flash, no interior lights coming on, cargo light does come one, and the doors do unlock...
^that threw some of us off.

Good to hear it's O.K now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts