Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess you can do it both ways where you have a line out converter that tie in your rear speakers to convert them to rca cables for the amp.

Or you can do speaker input if you have them on your amp. Wire left & right rear speakers to the speaker input. My question is I'm only doing one Sub. There is (1) positive & (1) negative for left & rear input speaker levels. For the Speaker output for the sub. Do i wire (1) positive left speaker & (1) negative right speaker OR do i use only one side?

output -0 +0 -0 + 0
input -0 +0 -0 +0
L R

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
HUH? IRconfused. what are you trying to do here? are you using a LOC or are you going to use speaker level inputs for the amp? lets start there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I connect the left & right speakers positive & negitive speaker level inputs to both rear speaker? It's a 2-channel amp. So im going to bridge-positive to 1 channel & negitive to the other channel speaker level outputs to one 12" Sub? Positive wire from battery, w/fuse to amp? Negative wire from amp to a bolt? What about the remote wire, to crigrate lighter? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
the cig lighter in the center console will work just fine for the remote. you need to slow down. unless you want to sub to fade with the deck controls you need to use one front speaker and one rear. i usually use the front right and left rear but thats with using a LOC that i stash under the dash. for the speaker level you can tap into the same like i do, or just use the rear speaker wires. problem with that is, if you fade the deck forward you lose sound to the sub. as far as hooking up the sub, you will need you look at the instructions to see what it says about bridging. also what is the model number of the amp and the sub?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts