Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I was driving down the road and i happen to pass a speed detector. the sign said i was going 31mph. i looked down and saw that my speedo read approx 34mph.

2) i was driving behind my bro to day and told him to set his cruise control to 75mph. i set mine to 75mph and he was pulling away. set mine to 80mph and i still wasnt catching up.

3) did number two again to versus cousin's truck and same result.

i came to the conclusion that my speedo was probably off 7-10%. sound like a lot? it is. first i thought the truck may be geared for the 265/75 tires equipped on the Nismos, but the difference in diameter is only 3%. according to 1010tires.com, if i equipped my truck with the Nismo size tires the speedometer would read 58mph versus 60mph for stock.

does this make sense? i am dog tired but wanted to post this before i went to bed. sorry for the long post.

2 issues here. speedo reads too fast and odometer says i have traveled more miles than i actually driven.

thoughts? is this normal or something i should take to the dealer?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Take it to the stealer(dealer) and explain that you want your entire warrantee. Try to get them to recalibrate.

However, Federal law only requires that the speedo from the factory be within 10% error.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
outlnder said:
Take it to the stealer(dealer) and explain that you want your entire warrantee. Try to get them to recalibrate.

However, Federal law only requires that the speedo from the factory be within 10% error.
i was already thinking of having them recalibrate the speedo but what do you mean by me asking for my "entire waranty?" the truck only has 9800 miles(probably more like 8800 "real" miles) on the odometer. still well under warranty.

·
Registered
361 Posts
but what do you mean by me asking for my "entire waranty?" the truck only has 9800 miles(probably more like 8800 "real" miles) on the odometer. still well under warranty.
You answered your own question. If you paid for 50,000 miles of warrantee and your speedo is cheating you out of 10%, you are not getting your money's worth, right? Your warrantee should be updated to extend to 55,000 miles because of speedo error.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
outlnder said:
You answered your own question. If you paid for 50,000 miles of warrantee and your speedo is cheating you out of 10%, you are not getting your money's worth, right? Your warrantee should be updated to extend to 55,000 miles because of speedo error.
that's what i thought you meant. i'll be calling them today to make the appointment. it'll be in for the tsb's, oil change, and this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts